This Kombucha Radler (or Kombucha Shandy) is a thirst-quenching cocktail of lemon kombucha and beer!
Anyone familiar with radlers knows how refreshing and delicious they are on hot summer days (the Germans basically drink them like post-workout Gatorades!) So when my mom mentioned that she had combined her homemade kombucha with beer to make a radler of sorts, it was like a *jaw drop, heavens open, epiphany* moment.
A traditional radler is a simple combination of lemonade (or carbonated lemon soda) and beer. It’s basically the German cousin of the shandy, which can include more flavor combinations, like berries and fruits.
We’re kicking it up a notch by using Lemon Ginger Kombucha for these radlers! The result is an ultra bubbly beer cocktail that you’ll be drinking all summer long.
Kombucha Radler Ingredients
- Kombucha: In keeping with tradition, I love using lemon or lemon ginger kombucha for radlers.
- Beer: Pilsner and lager beers work best for making these kombucha radlers.
Kombucha Shandy Flavor Ideas
While a radler is typically lemon-flavored, you can call it a shandy and go crazy with the flavor combinations! Here are a few ideas to get you started on your kombucha beer cocktail journey of deliciousness:
- Pineapple Kombucha + Maui Brewing Co Pineapple Mana Wheat
- Strawberry Kombucha + Stiegl Radler Grapefruit Beer
- Mango Kombucha + Blue Moon Belgian White
- Blueberry Kombucha + 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon
Kombucha Radler (Kombucha Shandy)
- 1 part lemon ginger kombucha chilled
- 1 part Pilsner or lager beer chilled
- Pour a glass half full with kombucha. Top off with beer. Serve immediately, garnishing with a slice of lemon.