This Mango Lassi recipe has just a handful of ingredients and makes for a healthy breakfast or Indian-inspired treat!
I’ve always loved Indian food but thought it wasn’t something easily made at home. Like it’s just so tasty and flavorful, I didn’t think I could do it justice in my own kitchen.
Then last week I tried my hand at Tikka Masala and…it was so good! And don’t even get me started on the Indian Mango Chutney. Safe to say I’m now on an Indian food kick and will be making ALL OF IT. To include what is probably the most iconic (and easy) Indian treat, Mango Lassi!
What is a mango lassi?
At its core, mango lassi is a milkshake or smoothie with yogurt and mango! The rest is pretty flexible. Easily add spices, like cardamom or cinnamon. You can use your favorite kind of yogurt, from low-fat plain to thick Greek yogurt. You can even change up the mango, using fresh, frozen, or canned.
What I’m saying is, this Mango Lassi recipe is ridiculously easy to make and you need it in your life.
Mango lassi ingredients
- Mango: You can use fresh, frozen, or canned mango in this recipe.
- Yogurt: I love rich, protein-packed Greek yogurt, but you could use regular, low-fat, or even plant-based yogurt in this lassi. I’ve also had success with kefir if you want a stronger punch of probiotics!
- Milk: A splash of milk will give a nice consistency to this mango lassi. Feel free to use your favorite (low-fat, 2%, plant-based, whatever you have!)
- Sweetener: The roundness of honey works well here, but you could also use agave, sugar, or stevia.
- Spices: Optionally finish it off with a pinch of ground cinnamon or cardamom.
How to make a mango lassi
Go grab a pen because this is going to be pretty complex, okay? Step 1: Blend everything together. Step 2: Devour.
Making a mango lassi is seriously that easy! I always like to taste the lassi after blending to adjust the flavors if I need to (for instance, if your mango isn’t quite ripe enough, your lassi may need a little more honey).
If you didn’t use frozen mango, you can also choose to chill the mango lassi in the fridge after blending so it’s nice and cold when drinking. Enjoy!
- 1 cup mango chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt can sub dairy-free, 120 g
- 1/2 cup milk 120 mL
- 2 Tbsp honey or sugar 30 g
- Pinch of cinnamon or cardamom
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth, adding a pinch of cinnamon or cardamom to taste.
This post first appeared over on Amanda’s Cookin’, where I’m a contributor.