We’re bringing back the summertime nostalgia of ice cream floats and combining it with the millennial love for kombucha! This Kombucha Float is fizzy and creamy and about to become your new favorite treat.
We’ve been suffering through some record heat over here in Europe this summer (think, 100 degrees with no AC 🤒). So I’ve been finding some creative ways to stay cool. Last summer the method of choice was of course copious amounts of popsicles (along with sitting very still and gradually moving an ice pack around my body). And this summer? Kombucha Floats.
I’ll say it again for the people in the back… KOMBUCHA FLOATS!! As in ice cream + kombucha.
With the warm temperatures in my house at the moment, my homemade kombucha has been churning out batches weekly, so I’ve had the chance to experiment with so many different flavors this summer. And when I first tasted the Strawberry Kombucha, I knew it was destined for strawberries and cream greatness.
Ingredients to make a Kombucha Float
- Kombucha: You can use just about any flavor of kombucha to make a kombucha float. I love using fruity kombucha here (like strawberry or blueberry), but ginger and even plain kombucha are great.
- Ice cream: I like to go classic with a good quality vanilla ice cream, but you could also play with different flavors or even fruit sorbets!
Kombucha Float flavor ideas
- Strawberry Kombucha + Vanilla Ice Cream
- Pineapple Kombucha + Mango Sorbet
- Blueberry Kombucha + Vanilla Ice Cream
- Ginger Kombucha + Lemon Sorbet
- Mango Kombucha + Coconut Ice Cream
I’m not going to try to pretend these Kombucha Floats are healthy. While they are full of gut-friendly probiotics, they’re also full of ice cream 😛. But for those hot summer days when you’re in need of a sweet treat, whip up a kombucha float and revel in the summertime nostalgia.
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup fruity kombucha
- Scoop ice cream into a tall glass. Slowly pour kombucha into the glass, taking care to not pour so fast that it bubbles over. Serve immediately and enjoy!