Fancy up your ripe avocados with these three recipes for stuffed avocado! Try one (or all) of the 3 different vegetarian fillings: chickpea tuna, bean salad, and arugula grain salad. Stuffed avocado recipes are nutritious, delicious and loaded with healthy fats. They’re a terrific light lunch or filling snack.
You’ve tried stuffed peppers and stuffed squash, but have you ever tried stuffed avocados? These little snack-sized ensembles are the perfect way to dress up your avocado with any filling you may be feeling.
For me, I tend to stick with one of three flavors: bean salad, chickpea “tuna,” or grain salad. All three styles are easy to whip up and use recipes from the blog that you may have already tried!
Breaking down the fillings
Let’s talk fillings: what’s inside each one?
- Bean Salad: Bean salad is a quick and easy no-cook recipe that uses beans, onion, corn, peppers, cilantro, and other refreshingly savory ingredients. It’s a protein-rich filling that pairs perfectly with the avocado!
- Chickpea Tuna: This vegan tuna recipe is made using chickpeas, celery, capers, mayo, and more. It’s savory but tangy, and just how “tuna” should be.
- Grain Salad: Arugula grain salad is created with a blend of quinoa, garlic, mustard, and feta. It covers the greens, protein, and healthy fats — just mix and enjoy!
How to make stuffed avocados
Making these vegetarian stuffed avocados is super easy, taking just 15 minutes and making 3 delicious servings!
- Prep: Choose and prepare the filling of your choice.
- Cut: Cut the avocados in half lengthwise, making sure not to cut through the seed. Twist each half in opposite directions to create 2 halves. Place the half with the seed on a firm surface. Carefully thwack your knife into the seed, twisting the knife to pop the seed out.
- Stuff: Stuff your desired filling into the well of each avocado half and serve immediately.
When all is said and done, this recipe makes the perfect side dish, appetizer or snack. But, between you and me, these are so addicting that I often eat a couple in one sitting!
More delicious Avocado recipes
If you wind up with an extra avocado or two, try one of these avocado dishes! There’s an idea for each meal of the day.
- Breakfast: Savory Oatmeal with Avocado and Poached Egg
- Lunch: Crispy Baked Avocado Tacos
- Appetizer: Avocado Corn Salsa
- Dinner: Zucchini Pasta with Creamy Avocado Pesto
- Dessert: Avocado Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Prep: Choose the filling of your choice and prepare it (click the links in ingredients list for full recipes).
- Cut: Cut avocados in half lengthwise, making sure to not cut through the seed. Twist each half in opposite directions to create 2 halves. Place the half with the seed on a firm surface. Carefully thwack your knife into the seed, twisting the knife to pop the seed out.
- Stuff: Stuff your desired filling into the well of each avocado half, serving immediately.