This Autumn Apple Sangria, with apples, brandy, white wine, and cinnamon, is a refreshing fall drink that comes together in just 10 minutes!
Hey guys, coming to ya on a Saturday! Weird right? Usually my weekends are spent 1/4 in hibernation and 3/4 in frantic gotta-make-some-recipes / gotta-not-fail-statistics-class madness. But this is the first weekend that really feels like autumn. Crisp air and colorful leaves and I can finally break out my fluffy scarf and sock collections. So today we’re putting on our bartender pants and making Autumn Apple Sangria!
Some fun times have been in the presence of sangria. Galavanting around Barcelona with my favorite ladies and stumbling through our college town in our annual Parents Bar Tour. But who says sangria has to stay in the summer months? This sangria is packed with autumny apple cider and fresh apples and pomegranate!
Oh and wine! There’s some goooood wine in this batch of sangria, because today I’m using ONEHOPE Wine. This is really cool Californian wine company that supports a number of charitable causes with their wines. Each bottle sold of this Sauvignon Blanc, for instance, contributes to an organization that plants trees to help reverse the fact that half of all tropical forests have been destroyed. Drink wine, save the world. I think I just found a new life motto.
Ingredients for Autumn Apple Cider Sangria
- White Wine: Use a dry white wine to make this fall sangria.
- Apple Cider: A non-alcoholic apple cider is perfect here, but you can also substitute apple juice if needed.
- Brandy: Apricot, apple, or pear-flavored brandy all work great in this cool weather sangria.
- Fall Flavors: Apples, pomegranate, and cinnamon complete this fall-inspired sangria. Autumn, we ready for you!
Do you eat the fruit in sangria?
Many people think you can’t eat pomegranate seeds, but you can! The entire seed is totally edible. You can also eat the apples in this sangria, which soak up that delicious sangria flavor and make for a tasty treat as you sip.
P.S. looking for more cozy autumn inspiration? Here are our favorite fall recipes!
- 1 bottle dry white wine 750 mL
- 2 cups nonalcoholic apple cider or unsweetened apple juice* 473 mL
- ¼ cup apricot, apple, or pear brandy 59 mL
- 1 apple julienne cut
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 large cinnamon sticks + more for serving
- Honey or sugar as needed
- A few handfuls of ice
- 1 cup carbonated water 236 mL, club soda
- Optional: cinnamon and sugar for serving
- In a large pitcher, combine wine, cider/juice, brandy, apples, pomegranate seeds, and cinnamon sticks. Taste and add a few tablespoons of honey or sugar if needed. If you have time, set it in fridge for 3 hours or more for flavors to blend (but it's also tasty freshly made!)
- Just before serving, add ice and pour into serving glasses. Top each glass with a splash of carbonated water and garnish with a cinnamon stick. For added fancy, combine a spoonful each of cinnamon and sugar. Dip the rim of your serving glasses into the sangria, then dip it in the cinnamon sugar mix before pouring in the sangria.
Tips & Tricks
Thanks to ONEHOPE Wine for sponsoring this post!