This super-easy air fryer cauliflower recipe is quick to make, and the cauliflower florets are perfectly crispy but tender. A wholesome vegetable side dish! With countless options for toppings—lemon, parmesan, toasted pine nuts—choose whatever your favorite seasoning is, and enjoy!
There’s something about a bowl of crispy, hearty air fryer cauliflower that’s just so cozy. Maybe it’s the warmth as it lands on your plate straight from the air fryer, or maybe it’s the generous layer of parmesan cheese. Either way, I’m here for it.
This recipe is similar to our air fryer Brussels sprouts in that it’s not anything revolutionary – it’s just delicious. This cauliflower is a crazy simple side dish that’s perfect for serving up for guests or taking to a potluck this holiday season. It’s crisp, it’s hearty, it’s full of flavor… what more could you want?
The toppings for this cauliflower recipe are pretty much endless. I recommend trying a fresh squeeze of lemon, fresh chopped parsley, crumbled feta, sauces, parmesan, or toasted pine nuts! With so many options, you can totally customize keto air fried cauliflower to your liking.
Hungry for more air fryer hacks?
Here’s how to air fry any vegetable, or use it to make air fryer kale chips!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Cauliflower
If you thought this recipe couldn’t get any better, you’re wrong! One of the reasons I love this dish so much is because with just 4 ingredients, this air fried cauliflower screams simplicity. Plus, it requires just 20 minutes to make. Let’s take a look at what’s included!
- Cauliflower: The star of the show, this cauliflower will be air fried to perfection.
- Olive Oil: Before going into the air fryer, I toss the cauliflower with a bit of olive oil. This helps add crispiness while also contributing to the flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: A pinch of salt and pepper is just right for this recipe.
- Optional Toppings: And now, for the fun part! Depending on your preferences, feel free to top your cauliflower with lemon juice, fresh parsley, feta, pine nuts, or your favorite sauce! I love to top mine with parmesan.
How to Air Fry Cauliflower
It’s so simple to make air fried cauliflower. Here’s how it’s done (scroll to the bottom for full instructions):
- Cut into florets: Cutting your cauliflower into florets allows for more thorough air frying.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper: I usually put the ingredients into a bowl and toss everything together like a salad.
- Arrange in the fryer: Lay in a single layer in the basket or tray of your air fryer.
- Cook the cauliflower: Cook at 375°F (190°C) for 10 to 15 minutes, or until fork-tender and slightly browned.
- Add toppings: Serve warm, optionally topped with your favorite cauliflower flavorings.
Can frozen cauliflower be cooked in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen cauliflower in the air fryer! Just add 3 to 4 minutes, making sure to space the florets out well to allow moisture to escape!
Sauce Topping Ideas
There are a bunch of sauces that will taste great with this cauliflower recipe, but these are some of my favorites.
- Romesco: This one is super simple and requires just 5 minutes to make! Simply blend red bell pepper, roma tomatoes, olive oil, almond butter, lemon juice, and a selection of spices.
- Pesto: Everyone loves a great pesto sauce. This one is made from fresh basil, raw pine nuts, shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Yum Sauce: You can’t go wrong with a delicious vegan yum sauce! Try this one using chickpeas, nutritional yeast, tofu, coconut milk, and more.
- Spice it up: For a spicer version, check out our Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower!
- Sweet Potato Fettuccini in Gorgonzola Sauce
- Stovetop Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- Fresh Veggie Lettuce Wraps
- Mushroom Pulled Pork
Hungry for more air fried vegetables? Try out this lemony air fried zucchini or some crispy air fried Brussels sprouts! Or add some beans and seasonings to make this roasted cauliflower salad with crispy beans!
- ½ head cauliflower
- 1 to 2 Tbsp olive oil 15 to 30 mL
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Prep: Cut cauliflower into florets. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cook: Lay in a single layer in the basket or tray of your air fryer. Cook at 375°F (190°C) for 10 to 15 minutes, or until fork-tender and slightly browned.
- Serve: Serve warm, optionally topped with your favorite cauliflower flavorings (see notes).
Tips & Tricks
More Air Fryer Recipes
Here are a few more air fryer recipes you'll love (find all of our vegetarian air fryer recipes here).
Buttermilk Fried Mushrooms
With air fried oyster mushrooms and a crunchy coating, this tastes just like fried chicken!
Air Fryer Pizza
Perfectly crispy, easy to make, personal pan pizzas that are about to revolutionize pizza night.
How to Cook Air Fryer Potatoes
How to make baked potatoes, homemade French fries, and potato chips in your air fryer, using both white potatoes and sweet potatoes.
All the flavor and crispiness of bacon and packs it into thinly sliced eggplant!
Crispy Air Fried Tofu
No cornstarch needed to make this deliciously crispy tofu recipe!
Which air fryer is best?
Not sure which air fryer is best? Here are a few of our favorites (complete list of best air fryers here).
Best Basket Air Fryer
Best Selling Air Fryer
COSORI Air Fryer
Best Color Selection
GoWISE Air Fryer
Best Air Fryer Oven Combo
Breville Convection and Air Fry Smart Oven
Leave a Comment