This easy Air Fryer Cauliflower recipe uses a combination of cauliflower, olive oil, salt, and pepper to create a unique and comforting flavor. It takes just 20 minutes to make and comes with countless options for toppings.
There’s something about a bowl of crispy, hearty air fryer cauliflower that’s just so cozy. Maybe it’s the warmth as it lands on your plate straight from the air fryer, or maybe it’s the generous layer of parmesan cheese. Either way, I’m here for it.
This cauliflower is a crazy simple side dish that’s perfect for serving up for guests or taking to a potluck this holiday season. It’s crisp, it’s hearty, it’s full of flavor… what more could you want?
The toppings for this cauliflower recipe are pretty much endless. I recommend trying lemon drizzle, fresh chopped parsley, crumbled feta, sauces, parmesan, or toasted pine nuts! With so many options, you can totally customize keto air fried cauliflower to your liking.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Cauliflower
If you thought this recipe couldn’t get any better, you’re wrong! One of the reasons I love this dish so much is because with just 4 ingredients, this air fried cauliflower screams simplicity. Plus, it requires just 20 minutes to make. Let’s take a look at what’s included!
- Cauliflower: The star of the show, this cauliflower will be air fried to perfection.
- Olive Oil: Before going into the air fryer, I toss the cauliflower with a bit of olive oil. This helps add crispiness while also contributing to the flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: A pinch of salt and pepper is just right for this recipe.
- Optional Toppings: And now, for the fun part! Depending on your preferences, feel free to top your cauliflower with lemon juice, fresh parsley, feta, pine nuts, or your favorite sauce! I love to top mine with parmesan.
How to Air Fry Cauliflower
It’s so simple to make air fried cauliflower. Here’s how it’s done (scroll to the bottom for full instructions):
- Cut into florets: Cutting your cauliflower into florets allows for more thorough air frying.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper: I usually put the ingredients into a bowl and toss everything together like a salad.
- Arrange in the fryer: Lay in a single layer in the basket or tray of your air fryer.
- Cook the cauliflower: Cook at 375°F (190°C) for 10 to 15 minutes, or until fork-tender and slightly browned.
- Add toppings: Serve warm, optionally topped with your favorite cauliflower flavorings.
Sauce Topping Ideas
There are a bunch of sauces that will taste great with this cauliflower recipe, but these are some of my favorites.
- Romesco: This one is super simple and requires just 5 minutes to make! Simply blend red bell pepper, roma tomatoes, olive oil, almond butter, lemon juice, and a selection of spices.
- Pesto: Everyone loves a great pesto sauce. This one is made from fresh basil, raw pine nuts, shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Yum Sauce: You can’t go wrong with a delicious vegan yum sauce! Try this one using chickpeas, nutritional yeast, tofu, coconut milk, and more.
- Spice it up: For a spicer version, check out our Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower!
Fried cauliflower pairs deliciously with these meals:
- Sweet Potato Fettuccini in Gorgonzola Sauce
- Stovetop Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- Fresh Veggie Lettuce Wraps
- Mushroom Pulled Pork
- ½ head cauliflower
- 1 to 2 Tbsp olive oil 15 to 30 mL
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Prep: Cut cauliflower into florets. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cook: Lay in a single layer in the basket or tray of your air fryer. Cook at 375°F (190°C) for 10 to 15 minutes, or until fork-tender and slightly browned.
- Serve: Serve warm, optionally topped with your favorite cauliflower flavorings (see notes).