This Sweet Potato Fettuccine recipe is tossed in gorgonzola and cranberries to create a decadent, gluten-free pasta dish that’s full of flavor.
We love veggie pasta around here. There’s the tried and true Zucchini Noodles, the ribbony Asparagus Noodles, and even some Asian-inspired Carrot Noodles. So it was just a matter of time before I set my sights on sweet potatoes.
I had no idea how these would turn out when I conjured up the thought of them. Would they get crispy and crunchy? Would they be too moist and fall apart? Or would they be everything I dreamed they could be? I think you can guess the answer 😋
How to Cut Sweet Potato Noodles
We’re making these sweet potato noodles without a spiralizer. Partly because sweet potatoes are too firm for most spiralizers, and mostly because fettuccine noodles are simply the best. To make these sweet potato fettuccine noodles:
- Peel the sweet potatoes
- Cut into thin slabs, using either a mandolin slicer (easiest way) or a large knife
- Stack the slabs and slice into fettuccine noodles
Rather than boiling the noodles (which would make the sweet potato too mushy), we’re going to cook these noodles in a saute pan. To cook sweet potato noodles, we’ll briefly saute with a splash of oil until they’re slightly tender.
While you could top your sweet potato noodles with just about any pasta sauce, today we’re tossing these noodles in a creamy gorgonzola and cranberry sauce! Making the sauce is as simple as warming all two of the ingredients on the stove until the cheese is melty and delicious.
More veggie pastas to try
Asparagus Noodles with Pesto
Zucchini Pasta with Avocado Pesto
Butternut Pasta with Gorgonzola Sauce
Asian Carrot Noodles
- 1 large sweet potato peeled
- 1 Tbsp olive oil 15 mL
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts 20 g
- 4 oz gorgonzola cheese 113 g
- ¼ cup heavy cream 60 mL
- ½ cup dried cranberries 60 g
- Cut Noodles: Peel skin from potato. Use a mandolin slicer or large knife to cut potato into long, thin slabs. Slice each slab into fettuccine-shaped noodles (stack a few slabs to make this go faster).
- Toast Pine Nuts: In a small saute pan, toast pine nuts over medium heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook Noodles: In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium heat and add sweet potato noodles. Cook covered, stirring frequently, until noodles are slightly tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Warm Sauce: In a small sauce pan, heat gorgonzola and cream over medium-low heat until cheese has melted and mixture is warm. Remove from heat and stir in cranberries.
- Serve: Toss everything together and serve warm.
Leave a Comment