This 15-minute cauliflower mac and cheese recipe is a low carb keto dinner recipe that’s ready in just 15 minutes!
In the making of this cauliflower spotlight, I’ve served some form of cauliflower for dinner every night for the past two weeks. But the thing about cauliflower being the chameleon of the kitchen is…you just don’t get tired of it!
This naturally gluten-free and keto friendly cauliflower mac and cheese has just 5 ingredients and is ready in 15 minutes! Perfect for healthy holiday feasting or weeknight cooking.
“This recipe was unbelievable!!! I am no chef but you made it so easy and tastes absolutely amazing, thank you so much! Will definitely be using more of your recipes!” —Jessica
Ingredients for Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Cauliflower: Cauliflower makes up the base of this macaroni and cheese. Looking to save even more time? Buy it pre-chopped!
- Cheddar Cheese: Shredded sharp cheddar cheese brings the distinct cheesy taste to this low carb and cheese. Feel free to sub half of the cheddar for mozzarella or pepper jack!
- Cream Cheese: While most macaroni recipes rely on a flour roux to add creamy thickness, we’ll simply use cream cheese.
- Mustard: Our secret ingredient that brings everything together! It brings a pop of zing that makes this dish feel less heavy.
- Salt and Pepper: Season to taste, adding your favorite spices like cayenne or smoked paprika!
How to make this cauliflower mac and cheese
To keep it quick and weeknight-ready, we’re making this mac and cheese on the stovetop! There are basically just two steps:
- Cook the cauliflower in boiling water until tender (5 minutes).
- Stir everything together.
It’s that easy. No messing around with a roux. No waiting for your oven to preheat. No dirtying up loads of pots and pans. This is the easy one-pot cauliflower mac and cheese that dreams are made of.
How to cook cauliflower
We quickly boil it in this recipe, but there are a few different ways to cook cauliflower! You can microwave it for less dishes, or steam it to preserve more of its nutrients.
More hidden cauliflower recipes
We love hiding cauliflower into recipes around these parts. Here are a few of our favorites!
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Hidden Cauliflower Smoothie
- Fluffy Mashed Cauliflower
- General Tso’s Baked Cauliflower
And for another low carb mac and cheese, be sure to try this Spaghetti Squash Mac and Cheese!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese 250 g
- 4 oz cream cheese 113 g
- 1 tsp dijon mustard 5 g
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook: Roughly chop cauliflower into marble-sized pieces. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add cauliflower and salt. Cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes, or until cauliflower is fork-tender.
- Stir: Remove from heat and drain cauliflower very well, then add back into the pot. Add cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and mustard, stirring until cheese has fully melted. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.