Enjoy your favorite veggies paired with a plant-based dip with this Vegan Ranch Dressing recipe! Made with oil, herbs, and apple cider vinegar, the high-protein dressing is made complete with the addition of tofu.
Dips are everything. And I mean everything. There are few things in life that cannot be improved with a spread of select dip options! You can make them sweet, savory, tangy, zesty… heck, there are even dessert dips out there now (looking at you, cookie dough hummus).
But today, we’re taking a classic dressing and transforming it into a high protein, vegan, dippable, tangy blend of deliciousness.
This Vegan Ranch Dressing is made with tofu to create a silky smooth mixture perfect for dipping everything from carrots and peppers to radishes and cherry tomatoes. It’s herb-loaded and nothing short of yum!
Ingredients in vegan ranch
The great thing about this DIY ranch is that most of the flavorings are pantry staples. The oil, vinegar, and spices are likely already lining your pantry shelves, making the tofu the only item you need to grab on your next grocery run!
- Silken Tofu: First, start with 1 14-oz package of tofu. This is going to contribute to making an 8 serving dip (perfect for a gathering!). Aim for silken tofu (vs. firm tofu), which will blend up to be more creamy and silky!
- Olive Oil: Next, you will need 2 tablespoons of olive oil. This is going to help the tofu break down and create that perfect dippable consistency.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Add a bit of a bite by including 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. This creates the perfect balance when paired with the tofu and oil.
- Herbs: Next, include 2 teaspoons each of dried parsley, dried dill, dried chives, garlic powder, and onion powder. This is where the flavor magic happens!
- Salt & Pepper: Add 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper for good measure.
- Mustard Powder: Lastly include ¼ teaspoon of mustard powder (bonus — your bones and muscles love mustard powder!).
When it comes to the olive oil, I recommend using an extra virgin variety for its health benefits and low acidity. Learn about the different olive oil varieties here!
how to make vegan ranch dressing
To prepare this dressing, all you need is a blender, mixing bowl, and a spoon. It’s a simple recipe that is very easy to make, even if this is your first time creating a dressing!
Step 1: Blend the ingredients
To begin, add the tofu, oil, and apple cider vinegar to a blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
Step 2: Stir the remaining items
Then, pour the blended tofu into a medium mixing bowl. Stir in all of the remaining ingredients.
Step 3: Serve and enjoy
Vegan tofu ranch is best when served chilled.
Using fresh herbs
This healthy ranch works well with dried herbs, but fresh are always great too! If you’d prefer fresh herbs, you can swap the dried parsley, dill, and chives with their fresh counterparts. Use two tablespoons of each.
Vegan ranch should be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated. You can enjoy it for up to one week.
Recipe to pair with tofu ranch
Now that your dressing (slash dip) is ready, you need items to pair it with! I recommend more apps, because who doesn’t love an appetizer snack fest?
- Start off strong with some flavorful Truffle Fries.
- Go the savory (and healthy) route with some Greek Baked Feta!
- Loaded Sweet Potato Rounds are the perfect savory bite. Plus, the potatoes are great to include when you’re enjoying the ranch dressing with veggies.
- Make it a quick snack with Frozen Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries.
- Last but not least, go with something refreshing like this Avocado Bruschetta.
- 1 14-oz package silken tofu 396 g
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar 30 mL
- 2 tsp each dried parsley, dried dill, dried chives, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1 tsp each black pepper, salt
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- Blend: Add tofu, oil, and apple cider vinegar to a blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Stir: Pour blended tofu into a medium mixing bowl then stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Serve: Best if served chilled.