Enjoy restaurant-style truffle fries right in your kitchen with these easy truffle oil French fries. The addition of one simple ingredient completely changes the game! Pair with a side salad, a plate of veggies, or a burger.
When it comes to French fries, I’ve always been adamant about one thing: You just can’t make them as good at home.
Well, here I am eating my words because with these truffle fries I’ve officially proven myself wrong. Maybe it’s the fact that I used an air fryer, or maybe it’s the perfect truffle oil to potato ratio. But either way, these fries are good. Like, restaurant-worthy good.
Not only do these fries taste insane (in a good way), they’re also super simple to make. You’ll need only 5 ingredients: fries, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and truffle oil! It’s a fool-proof recipe perfect for enjoying as a snack, munching on with friends, or using as a side dish for burger night.
Ingredients in Truffle Oil Fries
The ingredients were kept simple to make this an easy recipe that hopefully won’t add too many items to your grocery list! In most cases, you’ll likely only need to pick up some truffle oil and perhaps some frozen fries.
- French Fries: First up, you will need 1 lb of frozen french fries. Of course, you can always slice your own, but we’re going for simple here!
- Truffle Oil: 2 tablespoons of truffle oil will do the trick in adding just the right amount of that nice, earthy flavor.
- Seasonings: Finally, make the taste complete with the addition of ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
You’ll see in the next steps that truffle oil is added to the fries after cooking. This is important! Don’t toss before frying, only after. The flavor of truffle oil is quite delicate and adding it after cooking allows it to keep its nice taste.
How to make air fryer truffle fries
The process for making these fries is easy! Though I went the air fryer route, baking your fries will also yield a delicious result. If baking, be sure to keep the fries in one even layer for crispier fries. Stacking or cooking them in a pile will make them soggy! After baking or frying, simply toss.
Step 1: Prep the fries
First, cook the French fries according to the instructions on the package. I cooked mine in the air fryer for maximum crispiness!
Step 2: Add the flavor
Next, toss the cooked French fries in the salt, garlic powder, pepper, and last but not least, the truffle oil. Optionally garnish with parsley. Serve hot!
Truffle Fries Recipe Tips
Parmesan Truffle Fries
One of the selling points of this recipe (besides the obvious (incredible flavor)) is that it’s vegan! Yep, no animal products are used in this recipe. But if keeping things vegan isn’t on the radar for you, consider adding to your recipe with none other than a sprinkle of parmesan. It pairs so well with the truffle flavor and gives them an extra element!
French fries rarely store well — they’re just never the same texture reheated! However, an air fryer helps. I still don’t necessarily recommend saving some for later, but if you do, consider using an air fryer over other reheating methods. They’ll usually wind up a lot crispier this way!
Recipe Pairing Ideas
If you plan to use these fries as a side dish for an entree (versus a snack), here are some meal ideas that pair quite well!
- Everyday Kale Salad – This light and crunchy salad evens out all of those fries!
- Portobello Mushroom Burgers – For a complete veggie-based meal, pair your fries with these burgers!
- Strawberry Avocado Grilled Cheese – Fuel up on carbs by enjoying this sandwich alongside your fries.
- 1 lb frozen French fries 450 g
- 2 Tbsp truffle oil 30 mL
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp each garlic powder, black pepper
- Cook: Cook French fries according to the instructions on the package (I cooked them in the air fryer for maximum crispiness!)
- Flavor: Toss cooked French fries in truffle oil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Optionally garnish with parsley and serve hot.