Rainbow Veggie Tart
Getting your serving of veggies is easy with this Rainbow Vegetable Tart. Delicious roasted veggies atop a ricotta parmesan base, wrapped in warm and flaky puff pastry.
Ever since I learned how to make galettes (i.e. the easiest pie/tart you’ll ever make), I’ve been kind of obsessed with the whole no-pie-pan version of tarts. Because you only need dough and fillings, and there’s no expectation for it to look perfect. Honestly, the messier the better! And while tarts are certainly tasty in sweet form (i.e. this Salted Maple Apple Galette), they’re also perfect as a savory main or side dish. So today we’re packing in a serving of colorful veggies with this Rainbow Vegetable Tart!
We’re using frozen puff pastry for the dough today (though if you’re feeling ambitious, you could whip up your own flaky dough using the recipe from this galette (hint: Greek yogurt is the secret ingredient!) Then just combine ricotta, parmesan, salt, and pepper to create a creamy base to the tart. Finally, top with colorful veggies, brush with egg for a golden shine, and bake!
Rainbow Vegetable Tart
- ½ cup ricotta cheese 120 g
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese 25 g
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- ¼ heaping cup each cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, chopped broccoli, green bell pepper, red onion
- 1 14 to 17-oz package puff pastry 400 to 480 g, defrosted
- 1 large egg whisked
- 1 tsp olive oil 5 mL
- Prep: Set a large baking sheet in the oven, then preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) (with pan inside). Meanwhile, combine ricotta, parmesan, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Chop all veggies to similar bite sizes.
- Assemble: On a floured surface, roll dough into roughly a 15-inch wide circle. Transfer dough to parchment paper, then spread on the ricotta mixture, leaving about 2 inches around the outside. Arrange veggies on top of ricotta (hint: arrange them in a circle if you want everyone to get the same amount of each veggie, or arrange in lines if you want people to pick and choose the slices they like best.) Fold the leftover dough over the veggies to form a crust.
- Bake: Drizzle oil over veggies and brush crust with egg. Slide the parchment paper with the tart onto the hot baking sheet* and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Handy products for this Vegetable Tart
This recipe first appeared over on Amanda’s Cookin’, where I’m a contributor. This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you). Thanks for dropping by and for making easy vegetarian recipes like this Rainbow Vegetable Tart possible!