Vegan Rainbow Spring Rolls
Craving something fresh and delicious (with a little “wow factor” thrown in)? These Vegan Rainbow Spring Rolls are as tasty as they are colorful!
I’m allergic to peanuts, which I’m totally fine with 99% of the time. The other 1% of the time? That part consists of Asian sauces.
I got a taste of a sneakily peanut-filled sauce in Thailand last year. It was delicious for the first 5 minutes (until I proceeded to puff up like a balloon, doomed to spend the rest of the day popping Benadryl and deflating in a cold pool). But ever since then, I’ve known exactly what I’m missing. And I’ve been determined to make an alternative sauce ever since.
Well the ginger nut butter sauce that we’re whipping up with these rainbow spring rolls is it. Like… it… is… IT. Sweet, umami, nutty, gingery. It’s everything guys. And it has the power to turn a literal pile of vegetables (i.e. these rainbow spring rolls) into the most addictively healthy meal you’re gonna eat in a while.
If you recognize these spring rolls, that’s because they’re one of the easy vegetarian recipes included in the Cook It Fresh meal plan! I am so spankin’ proud of this meal plan. I cooked and photographed my butt off this summer, channeling all of my energy and inspiration and time into creating 31, quite frankly, kickass recipes.
In short, Cook It Fresh is 31 days of easy vegetarian dinners, with grocery lists that you can personalize to suit your family size. It’s ultra-flexible and jam-packed with tasty inspiration (these rainbow spring rolls are only the tip of the mouth-watering iceberg)
Read on for the Vegan Rainbow Spring Rolls recipe, and I hope to see ya over in Cook It Fresh!
Rainbow Spring Rolls
Craving something fresh and delicious (with a little "wow factor" thrown in)? These Vegan Rainbow Spring Rolls are as tasty as they are colorful!
- 3 Tbsp almond butter 45 g
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp lime juice 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp honey 15 mL, or maple syrup
- 1 tsp grated ginger 5 g
- 1 Tbsp hot water 15 mL
- 8 small radishes 1 cup
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup carrot 120 g
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup basil 10 g
- 1/2 cup cilantro or parsley 10 g
- 6 - 8 rice paper spring roll wrappers
- Sauce: Combine all “Sauce” ingredients in a small bowl.
- Prepare: Thinly slice all veggies and arrange near your work space.
- Roll: Fill a shallow dish with hot water. Working one at a time, gently place a rice paper in the hot water for about 15 seconds, or until soft and pliable. Move the paper to a damp surface (I like to use a wooden board). Working quickly, stack veggies and herbs on the rice paper in a long narrow row, leaving about 2 inches (5 cm) on either side. Fold the sides of the rice paper over the mound, then gently roll.
- Serve: Cover finished spring rolls in a damp paper towel until ready to eat. Serve with almond butter dipping sauce, optionally sliced in half to serve.
Helpful products for these Rainbow Spring Rolls
This post contains affiliate links, which means if your make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you). Thanks so much for dropping by Live Eat Learn and for making easy vegetarian recipes like these Rainbow Spring Rolls possible!
Hi, I’m Sarah! We’re working our way through the easy vegetarian kitchen, one ingredient at a time. Learn more and follow along!
Join the Eatmail for exclusive recipes, meal ideas PLUS our FREE green smoothies eBook!