This healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip uses Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise or sour cream, making for a healthier, stovetop version of this classic dip! With dozens of 5-star reviews, it’s a winning dip recipe you’ll love.
We’re condiment people. As in, a solid 50% of our fridge is consumed by sauces and dips – our favorite store bought sauces, mason jars of homemade romesco, little blog experiments in the back corner, the works.
So today we’re whipping up one of my most beloved dips, Spinach Artichoke! This is always a popular favorite at potlucks and tailgates, but it’s usually loaded with mayonnaise and sour cream.
So in the name of health (and so that we can guzzle down even more of this stuff without guilt), today we’re making a healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip using Greek yogurt!
Ingredients for Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip
You just need a handful of ingredients to make this stovetop Spinach Artichoke Dip.
- Creamy Base: The base of this healthy dip is protein-rich Greek yogurt and creamy cheese! (Learn to make your own Greek yogurt here).
- Cheeses: It’s not a cheesy artichoke dip without the cheese! We’ll use grated parmesan and mozzarella for maximum flavor and melty cheese goodness.
- Frozen Spinach: Thaw then squeeze as much moisture from the healthy spinach as possible before adding it to the mix.
- Canned Artichoke Hearts: Drain and cut the artichoke hearts into rough pieces then mix in with everything.
- Extra Flavors: We’re adding garlic for extra deliciousness. You Can also add canned diced jalapeños if you like it spicy!
How to make Spinach Artichoke Dip on the stove
While you can make this dip in the oven, I love making Spinach Artichoke Dip on the stove! It’s quicker, uses less energy, and makes less mess. Triple win 💪. Here’s the general process for making this artichoke dip on the stove:
- Melt cheeses in a pot
- Add spinach and artichoke
- Cook until warm
So easy right?! The result is a deliciously hot and creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip that can feed a crowd (or a very hungry you…it’s that good).
How to make Spinach Artichoke Dip in the oven
While I prefer making this on the stove, you can make Spinach Artichoke Dip in the oven too! This is best if you want to have a melty cheese crust on top. Simply stir everything together and pour into an oven-safe dish. Top with a sprinkle more of cheese and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
What to serve with spinach artichoke dip
Spinach Artichoke Dip is great with crackers, tortilla chips, and bread (like chunks of crusty breads or toasted baguettes). You can also serve it with crunchy fresh vegetables, like bell peppers, baby carrots, and broccoli.
More healthy dips you’ll love
- Healthy French Onion Dip
- Easy Black Bean Dip
- World’s Best Tzatziki Sauce
- Spinach and Carrot Top Pesto
- Romesco Sauce
- Vegetarian Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 14-oz can artichoke hearts 400 g
- 1 10-oz package frozen spinach 285 g
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese can sub low-fat, 225 g
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt 220 g
- ½ cup grated parmesan 50 g
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella 50 g
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 4-oz jar green chilies drained
- Prep: Drain and roughly chop artichoke hearts. Thaw spinach (in the microwave for 30 seconds), then press out as much moisture as possible.
- Cheese: Add cream cheese, yogurt, parmesan, and mozzarella to a large pot. Heat over medium until cheese has melted, stirring often.
- Veggies: Stir in artichoke hearts, spinach, and garlic. For a spicier dip, optionally add drained green chiles. Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed to suit your taste. Continue cooking until mixture is hot, about 5 minutes
- Serve: Warm with crackers, bread, chips, or fresh veggies.