Zucchini Corn Salad
Zucchini Corn Salad with zingy lemon and feta cheese, so simple yet so perfect. This will become your new summer go-to dish.
Last summer my mom discovered a goldmine of a recipe, which I’ve since slightly modified to arrive at this delicious beast. While I hate to admit that I still don’t always eat all my vegetables…well, I don’t always eat all my vegetables. But with this recipe, I’ll happily eat 4 stalks of corn and 6 zucchini (though these are both starchy vegetables so it’s not like I’m eating 10 cups of kale, but it’s a start). So with the sun shining and the 90 degree weather already out in force, we figured it was time to break out this tasty summer dish!
My experience on the grill is limited, so this was a bit of a learning experience for me… a burn it til ya learn it experience. But as it turns out, the veggies in this recipe are actually a good bit better when they’re a bit charred, so all was well.
Zucchini Corn Salad
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil 118 mL
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 ears corn
- 3 zucchini cut lengthwise into ½ inch thick planks
- 4 tsp lemon juice 20 mL
- 4-8 oz feta cheese 113 to 226 g
- Mix extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Lightly coat corn and cut zucchini with 1/4 cup of the mixture (but don’t throw out the remainder!)
- Grill veggies over medium/high heat, charring some (but not all) for flavor.
- Cut corn from stalk. This is best done by laying the corn flat and cutting each side lengthwise. Cut zucchini into ½ inch wide pieces.
- Mix all veggies in the bowl with remaining oil mixture. Mix in lemon juice and feta cheese (amount to your liking). Serve warm or cold.
Helpful products for this Zucchini Corn Salad
This recipe first appeared on Amanda’s Cookin’, where I’m a contributor. This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a commission (at not extra cost to you). Thanks so much for supporting Live Eat Learn and for making recipes like this Zucchini Corn Salad possible!
Hi, I’m Sarah!
Showing you how to make easy vegetarian recipes, one ingredient at a time. Read more