Zucchini Corn Salad
Grilled zucchini, corn, and feta make this the ultimate refreshing summer salad! Enjoy this Zucchini Corn Salad as a quick dish alongside your main course, or eat it as its own meal.
You know how every family has that recipe? This is ours. For us, summer hasn’t truly started until you’ve made zucchini corn salad. And so I figured it was about time I share it with you guys!
I love a good greens-filled salad, but sometimes I’m craving something heartier and with a bit more oomph! That’s where filling and satisfying zucchini corn salad comes into play. It’s super juicy and hydrating, making it great for enjoying as summer rolls around!
We will be using only 8 ingredients to create this meal. The base will consist of zucchini and corn (surprise), and then we will use a delicious spice and olive oil blend to add flavor and seasoning. Finally, a splash of lemon juice gives this salad a refreshing tanginess, and feta to add a cheesy touch.
Sneak some veggies into your day with this tasty grilled bowl of crispy goodness. It only takes about 15 minutes to create and is our favorite for serving to guests at summer cookouts!
Here’s what you’ll need
Zucchini corn salad uses only a handful of ingredients to turn these humble veggies into a dish worth craving.
- Olive Oil: The base for our dressing, which we’ll both brush onto the veggies prior to grilling, and then toss them in for the final salad!
- Garlic: Fresh garlic, do you even need a reason for it?
- Salt and Pepper: A bit of salt and a touch of pepper will go a long way.
- Red Pepper Flakes: For a slight kick, add ¼ tsp of red pepper flakes!
- Corn: Corn adds great flavor and substance! Two ears will be the perfect amount, though you could up it to 3 or 4 ears if you’re serving more people. This recipe is pretty flexible!
- Zucchini: We will use 3 medium zucchinis to make this salad.
- Lemon Juice: For a tangy zing, add 4 tsp of lemon juice.
- Feta Cheese: Finally, add 4-8 oz of feta for a delicious finishing touch.
How to Make Corn Salad with Zucchini
This delicious summer corn salad recipe is ready in just minutes (less than 15, to be exact!) and is perfect for whipping together on a busy weeknight. We’ll start with mixing the olive oil coat, and then we’ll grill up the veggies to crispy perfection. Fire up your grill, and let’s get to cookin’!
Step 1: Combine the oil ingredients
Combine the oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. After the mixture is combined, brush a quarter of it onto the corn and the cut zucchini. Keep the remainder aside.
Step 2: Grill the veggies
Grill the veggies over medium/high heat, flipping occasionally to evenly cook, and charring some (but not all) for flavor. The zucchinis are done when they’re a soft touch, about 10 minutes total. The corn may take a bit longer (about 15 minutes) and is done when it reaches a bright yellow color and has charred spots.
Step 3: Cut the veggies
Cut the corn from the stalk. It will be hot, so you may need to grasp it with a paper towel. Cut the zucchini into ½ inch wide pieces.
Step 4: Assemble
Whisk the lemon juice into the remaining oil mixture. Stir the mixture into the grilled veggies and feta cheese, adding as much as you’d like. Serve the salad warm or cold.
Salad Add-ons and Storage
Feeling a little extra and want to add to your salad? Here are a bunch of yummy ingredients that you can use to mix things up and make this salad customized to your liking.
- Veggies: You can add a wide variety of veggies like squash, tomato, red onion, parsley, peppers, etc. The options are endless!
- Pasta: For an extra oomph, you can add your favorite pasta! This will add a carb-loaded element to keep you feeling nice and full. Use rigatoni, penne, or whichever pasta you prefer.
- Nuts: Nuts add a yummy crunch that tastes so delicious! You can use crushed or chopped almonds, pistachios, or pecans.
Leftover salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days. You can then enjoy it cold, or eat it warm by reheating in the oven or microwave.
More tasty lettuce free salads
Love a good veggie-based salad that comes without the greens attached? I do too! Go easy on the kale and check out all of these delicious non-lettuce salads.
- Greek Cucumber Salad
- Roasted Beet and Radish Salad
- Israeli Couscous Salad with Beet and Feta
- Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
- Curried Melon Salad
Zucchini Corn Salad
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil 118 mL
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 ears corn
- 3 large zucchinis cut in half lengthwise
- 4 tsp lemon juice 20 mL
- 4-8 oz feta cheese 113 to 226 g
- Oil: Combine oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Lightly brush corn and cut zucchini with ¼ cup of the mixture (keep the remainder).
- Grill: Grill veggies over medium/high heat, flipping occasionally to evenly cook, and charring some (but not all) for flavor. The zucchinis are done when they're a touch soft, about 10 minutes total. Corn may take a little longer, about 15 minutes, and is done when bright yellow with charred spots.
- Cut: Cut corn from stalk (it's hot, so you may need to grasp it with a paper towel). Cut zucchini into ½ inch wide pieces.
- Assemble: Whisk lemon juice into remaining oil mixture. Stir in grilled veggies and feta cheese (amount to your liking). Serve warm or cold.