Zucchini Corn Salad
Zucchini Corn Salad with zingy lemon and feta cheese, so simple yet so perfect. This will become your new summer go-to dish.
Last summer my mom discovered a goldmine of a recipe, which I’ve since slightly modified to arrive at this delicious beast. While I hate to admit that I still don’t always eat all my vegetables…well, I don’t always eat all my vegetables.
But with this Zucchini Corn Salad recipe, I’ll happily eat 4 stalks of corn and 6 zucchini (though these are both starchy vegetables so it’s not like I’m eating 10 cups of kale, but it’s a start). So with the sun shining and the 90 degree weather already out in force, we figured it was time to break out this tasty summer dish!
My experience on the grill is limited, so this was a bit of a learning experience for me… a burn it til ya learn it experience. But as it turns out, the veggies in this recipe are actually a good bit better when they’re a bit charred, so all was well.
Zucchini Corn Salad
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil 118 mL
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 ears corn
- 3 large zucchinis cut in half lengthwise
- 4 tsp lemon juice 20 mL
- 4-8 oz feta cheese 113 to 226 g
- Oil: Combine oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Lightly brush corn and cut zucchini with ¼ cup of the mixture (keep the remainder).
- Grill: Grill veggies over medium/high heat, flipping occasionally to evenly cook, and charring some (but not all) for flavor. The zucchinis are done when they're a touch soft, about 10 minutes total. Corn may take a little longer, about 15 minutes, and is done when bright yellow with charred spots.
- Cut: Cut corn from stalk (it's hot, so you may need to grasp it with a paper towel). Cut zucchini into ½ inch wide pieces.
- Assemble: Whisk lemon juice into remaining oil mixture. Stir in grilled veggies and feta cheese (amount to your liking). Serve warm or cold.