1 Pan Roasted Brocoli
Looking for an easy vegetable side dish that you’ll actually look forward to? This roasted broccoli with lemon and goat cheese is so addictive (and only requires 5 minutes of hands-on time!)
This is the time of year where healthy veggie dishes take the back burner. Because school and work are in action and the last thing you have the energy for when you get home is to think of a healthy side dish.
And because the holidays are upon us, which means cookies and treats win over veggies every time.
And because it currently looks like a bomb went off in my kitchen and all my pantry foods are in boxes in the garage and my culinary life is in shambles thanks to this kitchen renovation…but I digress.
So how great would it be if you had a tasty little veggie recipe in your back pocket to pull out when your busy schedule or holiday temptations are threatening your veggies?
Answer: so great. Which is why today we’re whipping up this roasted broccoli with lemon and goat cheese!
This roasted broccoli is perfect for everyday kind of dinners, but it’s also great as a Thanksgiving side dish!
You’ll just roast some broccoli and shallots until soft and delicious, about 30 minutes.
While that’s going, whip together a simple dressing with lemon juice, olive oil, and basil. Toast up some pine nuts for a little crunch, and sprinkle in some goat cheese for creamy zing.
Toss it all together and you, my friend, have a really delicious side dish to serve up tonight.
Roasted Broccoli with Lemon and Goat Cheese
- 1 head broccoli chopped into florets
- 2 shallots quartered
- 3 Tbsp olive oil 45 mL, divided
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice 15 mL
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves 10 g, sliced
- ¼ cup goat cheese 60 g
- Roast Broccoli: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread broccoli florets and quartered shallots onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper, tossing to coat. Bake for 30 minutes, turning veggies over after 15 minutes to evenly cook.
- Toast Pine nuts: Meanwhile, set a small saute pan over medium heat and add the pine nuts. Cook until lightly browned and toasted, then remove from heat.
- Dress & Serve: Whisk together 1 Tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, and basil leaves. Sprinkle over the roasted veggies along with the pine nuts and goats cheese, then toss to mix. Serve warm or cold as a salad or side dish!
I first published this recipe on Amanda’s Cookin’.