Roasted Asparagus with Romesco Sauce
This Roasted Asparagus with Smoky Romesco Sauce is a simple, flavor-packed recipe that is sure to brighten up your dinner table! With just 1 pan and in 15 minutes you’ll have a show stopping side dish ready to go.
Today is going to be a hot mess. A hot mess of crowded farmer’s markets, delicious food, and loads of dishes because my Dutch food blogger friend is coming over and we’re going to cook ALL the foods.
And that’s sort of how today’s recipe is…a hot, beautiful mess. Roasted asparagus piled high with smoky romesco sauce, roasted tomatoes, and almonds. It’s messy and colorful and SO TASTY. Because if there’s one thing that will take any side dish from zero to superhero, it’s this romesco sauce. It’s a quick combination of roasted pepper, tomatoes, almond butter, and lemon, and if you’re anything like me, you’ll proceed to put it on everything for the next month.
How to Make Romesco Sauce Video
This Roasted Asparagus with Smoky Romesco Sauce
- 1 lb asparagus 450 g
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes 375 g
- 1 roasted red bell pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil + more for drizzling 60 mL
- 3 Tbsp almond butter 15 mL
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp lemon juice 10 mL
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt + pinch for asparagus
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Garnish with a handful of chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 C). Wash and trim the asparagus, using a vegetable peeler to remove the tough skin of the bottom if it’s too thick. Set on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet with the tomatoes. Drizzle with a tablespoon or so of olive oil, sprinkle on a pinch of salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until asparagus spears are tender when poked with a fork.
- Once cooked, make the romesco sauce by placing 1 cup of the cooked cherry tomatoes into a food processor along with roasted pepper, olive oil, almond butter, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- To serve, arrange asparagus spears on a serving dish. Pour romesco sauce over the spears, top with remaining ½ cup of cherry tomatoes, and garnish with chopped almonds.
Helpful products for this roasted asparagus
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you buy something after clicking a link, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting Live Eat Learn and for making this easy vegetarian recipe possible! I first published this recipe on Amanda’s Cookin’, where I’m a contributor.