1 Pan Vegan Ratatouille
This 1 Pan Vegan Ratatouille, piled high with veggies and tomato, is an easy yet mouth-watering take on the French classic.
Before launching the 21 Day Vegetarian Reset this week, the tulip-man and I went through the program ourselves to nab little problems lurking in shadows. One such problem, which must have been lurking in the shadows my whole life as a result of a true disdain for tomatoes, came in the form of tomato cravings. Seriously, so intense tomato cravings. Who was this new tomato-seeking me? And more importantly, how could I go about buying all the tomatoes?
I promptly found a way to work loads of tomato goodness into the reset program via this ratatouille! It’s loaded with lycopene, full of fiber, and may just be my new go-to “fancy with little effort” recipe. The cook time is a bit longer than most of the 21 Day Vegetarian Reset recipes, with most hovering around 30 minutes, but it pretty well exemplifies what I created the reset to be: simple, mouth-watering, plant-based goodness.
1 Pan Vegan Ratatouille
- 1 15-oz can crushed tomatoes 425 g
- 2 Tbsp olive oil 30 mL, divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh Basil chopped
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence or 1/4 tsp rosemary, 1/4 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 large white onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 3 roma tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C).
- Add crushed tomatoes, 1 Tbsp oil, garlic, basil, herbs, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to a 9x6 inch (23x15 cm) baking pan. Stir to combine.
- Slice onion, zucchini, eggplant, and tomatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices. If some slices are wider than others, you can cut them in half so they’ll all be the same height when stacked.
- Layer sliced veggies on top of the tomato mixture, standing them straight up in alternating layers.
- Brush veggies with 1 Tbsp olive oil and bake for 1 hour, or until veggies are tender.
Helpful products for this Vegan Ratatouille
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you buy something from that link I may earn a commission, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting Live Eat Learn and for making recipes like this Vegan Ratatouille possible!
Hi, I’m Sarah!
Showing you how to make easy vegetarian recipes, one ingredient at a time. Read more