A refreshing summer berry salad packed with fresh berries and goat cheese, and drizzled with a lavender lemon vinaigrette!
I’m back from the South of France with loads of lavender inspiration, a zillion pictures, and what some might consider a tan. I tasted lavender ice cream in Nice and lavender nougat in Gordes and smelled all the happy lavender smells at the Sénanque Abbey. It’s safe to say my goal of having lavender emitting from my pores has been reached.
Today we’re whipping up a simple berry salad with a lavender lemon vinaigrette, because lavender, lemon, and honey go together about as well as Nutella, a spoon, and me. Its ultra-summery, healthy, and slingshots you right into the South of France!
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice 30 mL
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp dry ground lavender buds*
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 handfuls of mixed greens
- 1 cup berries 160 g, your favorite kind
- ½ cup almonds 45 g
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese** 60 g
- ½ of an avocado sliced
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together mixed greens, berries, almonds, goat cheese, and vinaigrette. Top with avocado and serve immediately.
Tips & Tricks
- *Grind your lavender buds in either a coffee grinder or with a mortar and pestle.
- **If you can’t find crumbled goat cheese, pop soft goat cheese in the freezer for about 5 minutes to make it crumble-able.
Leave a Comment