With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, here’s a recipe to help you spoil your health-loving loved one! These chocolate fruit truffles are super tasty, have just 2 ingredients, and take only 15 minutes to make.
Alright, y’all, I’ve gone and made a HUGE discovery, and I’m so excited to share it with you. It involves: chocolate, fruit. End of list.
We all know that chocolate-dipped fruit is a real winner, but what if we take it one step further? What if we cut the fruit into shapes, dip them into dark chocolate, then dust them with cocoa powder? Well we get the healthiest, most colorful, Insta-ready Valentine’s Day treat ever.
- About 3 cups fresh fruit (strawberries, banana, pineapple, kiwi etc.)
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate (or dairy-free chocolate)
- Slice fruit into ½ inch thick slabs then use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut into shapes. Alternatively, use a small melon baller to create ball shapes.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, then shut off heat. Place chocolate in a separate heat-proof bowl, and set on top of the pot of hot water. Stir until chocolate has melted. Alternatively, microwave the chocolate on low for 1 minute, stir, microwave for 30 seconds more, then stir until melted.
- Use a fork or toothpicks to dip fruit into the chocolate. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Set chocolate covered fruit truffles in the freezer until chocolate sets. Optionally dust with cocoa powder, or drizzle with white chocolate.
This recipe was first published on Amanda’s Cookin’, where I’m a contributor.