If you like feta, you’re going to love it freshly baked in a crispy sesame crust! This Sesame Crusted Baked Feta is easy to make and is the prefect appetizer with some pita chips and fresh veggies.
Happy Monday, friends! At least, it will be Monday when this goes live. Because current-Sarah starts her first day interning today and surprised the tulip-man with a 30th birthday getaway to Barcelona this weekend! Naturally, past-Sarah thought it would be in her best interest to get this baked feta all prepped and ready for your viewing pleasure ahead of time. And so, here we are.
More to come on our Barcelona trip and the internship soon, obvs. Because both make me the kind of excited where you can’t sleep (and both are completely centered around food…duh!) But until then, let’s make this Sesame Crusted Baked Feta!
After making this Greek Baked Feta a while back, I’ve been itching to bake feta again. It’s a game-changer, guys. So today we’re cooking up a crispy, creamy, herby, honey-drizzled block of feta. It’s breaded with sesame seeds, giving it a fun flavor and texture!
- ¼ cup flour 30 g
- 1 large egg whisk
- ¼ cup sesame seeds 30 g
- 6 to 8 oz block feta about 200 g
- To serve: honey and thyme
- Prep: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 C). Arrange 3 separate shallow bowls, the 1st with flour, the 2nd with egg, and the 3rd with sesame seeds. Pat feta dry with a paper towel.
- Bake: Coat feta in the flour, then in the egg, and finally in the sesame. Set on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake until sesame is toasted and golden, about 20 minutes.
- Serve: Serve warm, drizzled with honey and thyme.