Try these crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside Rosemary Roasted Potatoes for a flavor-packed punch in every bite. Made with 5 ingredients and ready in 45 minutes!
If there’s one herb that reigns supreme, I might just have to say it’s rosemary. The hearty little plant packs a flavor punch in any recipe it’s in, overpowering even the most potent of seasonings, including garlic (I mean that in a good way)!
Loaded up on potatoes, rosemary’s earthy, lemony, peppery flavors taste divine. That’s especially so when the potatoes pieces are nice and crispy around the edges and soft in the center!
Today, I’ll be showing you how to make these Rosemary Roasted Potatoes, a delicious 5-ingredient mix of potatoes, rosemary, oil, garlic, and salt! They’re like potato wedges, but cut into bite-sized pieces and given a serious flavor upgrade.
Ingredients in rosemary roasted potatoes
Roasted rosemary potatoes make for a simple side dish that requires only kitchen staples. With oil and three spices, you likely have everything you need! I do recommend fresh rosemary for the best flavor, but dried will work too.
- Potatoes: Begin with 1½ lbs of small potatoes. This will give you four generous servings.
- Oil: Next, you will need 2 tablespoons of oil. I recommend extra virgin olive oil in order to sneak in antioxidants and healthy fat benefits!
- Rosemary: To add herby flavor to the potatoes, use 2 tablespoons of fresh, finely chopped rosemary. It will contribute an earthy, piney, sort of peppery flavor.
- Garlic Powder: Include a bit of extra oomph by adding 1 tablespoon of garlic powder. Did you know garlic powder is good for blood pressure, heart health, and the immune system?!
- Sea Salt: Finish off the dish by including 1 teaspoon of coarse seal salt.
When it comes to the potato variety, you can use any type you’d like: red, golden, fingerlings, etc. In fact, a mix adds flavor!
How to make this rosemary potatoes recipe
Garlic and rosemary potatoes are an easy dish to put together. In total, they take around 45 minutes to make. The recipe is great for beginners and very simple for experienced cooks!
Step 1: Prep the water and oven
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Preheat the oven to 450°F (232°C).
Step 2: Boil the potatoes
Cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Carefully add them to the boiling water and cook until they’re fork-tender. It should take about 10-15 minutes. When finished, strain the potatoes.
Step 3: Add flavorings and bake
In a large bowl, toss together the boiled potatoes, oil, rosemary, garlic powder, and salt. Arrange the potatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
Step 4: Bake the potatoes
Bake the potatoes until crispy and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Storing roasted potatoes
As we all know, potatoes are never quite as good when they’re leftover. That is, they weren’t, until the blessing that is the air fryer made its way into our kitchens!
If you wind up with leftover roasted potatoes, don’t toss them in the bin because you think they’ll be no good tomorrow. Instead, air fry them! The air fryer brings back their crispiness and restores them to golden brown perfection. They’ll taste nearly as great as they did when they were fresh out of the oven (of course, you can reheat in the oven as well if preferred).
In the meantime, store your potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator to maintain fresh flavors.
Recipes to pair with Roasted Potatoes
Rosemary potatoes make a great side dish, which means you need a main course to pair with them! Here are some ideas that also contain rosemary and will taste delicious alongside the potatoes.
- Rosemary Coffee Marinated Tofu: Pair the potatoes with this delicious rosemary marinated tofu recipe!
- 3 Cheese Roasted Grape Pizza: Carb load by pairing your side with this mouth watering 3 cheese pizza.
- Butternut Beet and Ricotta Galette: A galette makes the perfect main course and is filled with veggies to offset all of those starches.
- 1 ½ lbs small potatoes 680 g
- 2 Tbsp oil 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Prep: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Preheat oven to 450°F (232°C).
- Boil: Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Carefully add to boiling water and cook until fork tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. When finished, strain potatoes.
- Assemble: In a large bowl, toss together boiled potatoes, oil, rosemary, garlic powder, and salt. Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake: Bake potatoes until crispy and golden brown, about 20 minutes.