With cheese crisps are a simple combo of Gouda cheese and carrots, these healthy baked cheese crisps are savory, addictive, low in carbs, and gluten-free!
If you’ve never visited Live Eat Learn before, welcome! And if you have, do ya notice anything different? *cough* NEW LOGO!! *cough*
I spent all Friday hovering over my computer, meticulously trying to translate the image in my head into Adobe InDesign. And while I may not be a graphic designer to any degree, the new logo incorporates food and travel and the Netherlands and sunshine and happiness, so I’m pretty happy with it. Clearly I overcame that Resistance.
The rest of the weekend was spent obsessing over Prison Break (!!) and scheming up plans for a potential trip to Southeast Asia in May (!!!!!). How was your weekend? Productive? Relaxing? Snowy? Everything and more?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then these low carb cheese crisps may be right for you. Simple and addictive, these Gouda cheese crisps are a quick combo of cheese and carrots, baked until crispy.
Though they’re not low calorie, they’re a keto alternative to potato chips (and the tulip-man liked them, so you could say they have the Dutch seal of approval). Plus, they sneak in some veggies undetected!
- 2 cups shredded Gouda cheese 200 g
- 1 cup shredded carrots 100 g
- Place shredded carrots in a cheesecloth or a paper towel and wring excess moisture.
- Combine Gouda and carrots.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized mounds of the mixture onto a parchment paper-line baking sheet. With a fork or fingers, flatten each mound.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 C) for 8 to 12 minutes, until edges are browned and cheese is loudly sizzling.
- Allow crisps to rest on baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack or plate to completely cool and crisp.