These Parmesan and Almond Baked Asparagus Fries are a low carb, delicious way to spruce up your side dish tonight. Ready in under 30 minutes, including a creamy chive yogurt dip. What’s not to love?
The fun things about exploring a new ingredient every other week is that I can really figure out funky, out of the ordinary ways of using foods. And one of my favorite discoveries was that of using almonds as a breading in the form of these crispy Almond Tofu Nuggets.
Low Carb Bread Coating
You basically just grind almonds into a coarse crumb using a food processor, then mix them with some spices (like smoked paprika, salt, and pepper!) Then you’ll just use them in place of bread crumbs when breading things for a low carb yet way delicious alternative.
Today we’re using this tasty combo to bread asparagus, creating crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside, too-good-to-stop-eating Asparagus Fries!
Love asparagus? Here’s how to cook it (5 different ways!)
- 1 cup almonds 143 g
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese 50 g
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour 64 g, can sub all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 lb asparagus 450 g
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt 60 g
- ¼ cup cream cheese 60 g
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- ½ tsp lemon juice 5 mL
- Pinch of salt
- Prep: Preheat oven to 425°F. In a food processor, pulse almonds until they become coarse crumbs. Mix in the grated parmesan, salt, paprika, and pepper. Prepare your workspace by putting the flour, eggs, and almond mixture in three separate large shallow dishes.
- Coat: Trim the tough bottoms off of your asparagus. Roll each in flour, then dip and coat in the eggs, and coat with almond crumbs.
- Bake: Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until asparagus are tender when pierced with a fork. While asparagus cook, combine all yogurt dip ingredients.
I originally posted this recipe on Amanda’s Cookin’.
More Low Carb Recipes
How to Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Deliciously cheesy, sturdy enough to pile with toppings, and perfect for anyone eating low carb!
Chipotle Copycat Cauliflower Rice
All the signature lime and cilantro flavors of your favorite Chipotle rice (but in low carb cauliflower rice form!)
Stir Fry Meal Prep with Cauliflower Fried Rice and Tofu
Packed with flavorful cauliflower fried rice, soy-glazed tofu, steamed broccoli, and sriracha mayo!
Low Carb Cauliflower Risotto
A low carb, keto-friendly twist on traditional risotto. Creamy and cheesy without all the carbs!
Chocolate Low Carb Smoothie
This low carb smoothie recipe will leave you full and free from cravings!
Gouda Cheese Crisps with Carrots
These cheese crisps are a simple combo of Gouda cheese and carrots!
Leave a Comment