These Watermelon and Pineapple Grilled Fruit Skewers have just 4 ingredients and are dipped in a simple yogurt sauce. Throw them on the BBQ for a quick and healthy dessert this summer!
I think as a foodie you’re supposed to love all the foods. But there’s just one food I can’t get on board with…watermelon.
Something about the texture does not do it for me. Or any melon for that matter. But I’ve found a method for completely revolutionizing the texture (and flavor!) of watermelon that’s right in line with summertime eating…grilling!
Grilling watermelon gives it a deeper sweetness while also making the texture a bit…more dense and rich? I’m not describing this well, but that’s just because it is indescribable, guys. So when you’re firing up the grill this summer, do yourself a favor and throw on these simple grilled fruit skewers!
We’re keeping the ingredients list to a minimum today. Just fruit and a simple honey-lime glaze. That sugary glaze is going to help caramelize the fruit while giving the perfect punch of citrus from the lime.
And can we talk about the sauce? I mean, THE SAUCE! This is a simple one that I learned from my grandpa. He usually combines yogurt (or sour cream) and brown sugar to create the best fruit dip. And in the name of today’s simple recipe, we’re taking a note from his book.
Grilled Fruit Skewers
- 1 cup cubed watermelon 200 g
- 1 cup cubed pineapple 200 g
- 2 Tbsp honey 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp lime juice 15 mL
Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt can sub non-dairy yogurt
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Grilled Fruit Skewers: Skewer fruit onto sticks. Combine honey and lime juice, then brush onto fruit. Grill skewers on the grill or on a medium/high heat stovetop grill pan until they begin to brown and caramelize.
- Yogurt Dipping Sauce: Combine yogurt and brown sugar, and serve with warm skewers for dipping.
This recipe first appeared over on Amanda’s Cookin’, where I’m a contributor.