These air fryer green beans are an absolute lifesaver at dinner time. Ready in under 15 minutes, they’re crispy, caramelized, and full of flavor!
We all need to eat more veggies I’m sure. Even as a vegetarian it’s sometimes hard to get in all the brightly colored veggies because it’s easy to get bored with them. Presentation is everything, and that’s why I love crispy air fryer green beans! Kids can help with the preparation and cooking here, making them more likely to give them a taste.
There’s something about biting into crisp foods, am I right? That’s why french fries are so popular – and I’m betting you will greatly enjoy these air fryer green beans fries just much. They can be dipped too, making them a healthy vessel for your favorites.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Green Beans
Green beans are pretty much it – plus oil plus seasoning and bam, your side dish is complete.
- Green Beans: Plenty of people love to eat these raw, and I love how veggies totally change when roasted. Air frying is like a shortcut to roasting!
- Oil: The benefit of air frying is you only need a touch of oil, much less than even roasting in the oven.
- Salt & Pepper: These basic seasons are a great way to let the green bean flavor shine!
Buying Green Beans
Grow your own, stop at the farmer’s market, or pick up a bag at the grocery store. Look for “green beans”. Sometimes the pre-bagged options will be French or “haricot vert” which are thinner. They are fine to use, but they might crisp up quicker so you’ll want to keep an eye on them.
How to make Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
This is such an easy side dish to make. Clean up the beans, season, and air fry!
Step 1: Trim
Snap or trim the ends of the green beans. Wash under running water and dry well so they crisp up and don’t steam.
Step 2: Flavor
Toss the dry green beans with oil, salt, and pepper. This is where you can alter your seasonings!
Step 3: Cook
Air fry at 375 for about 8 minutes, or until your desired level of crispiness. They should start to brown on the edges.
Dry & Crispy: Are air fryer green beans crispy? You betcha! The key here is to let them dry completely before cooking. If they are wet, they will steam instead of “fry.”
Season Well: Try salt & pepper first and then branch out! Do you like spicy? Add cayenne! Serving with seafood? Reach for Old Bay. The possibilities really are endless.
Finishing Touch: Give a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to the finished beans, just before serving. Some other options are grated Parmesan or panko breadcrumbs. You can play around with adding the cheese or breadcrumbs before or after cooking to achieve different results.
Use these green beans as part of a finger food spread or serve them up as a great veggie side to your main dish.
- Healthy French Onion Dip will hold its own against these crispy beans. No need to dip chips, but with moderation I go ahead and have chips and veggies!
- Easy Black Bean Dip is a great way to add protein to your snack.
- Portobello Mushroom Burgers are hearty and juicy – you could even add some crispy green beans right inside the bun!
- Serving these green beans for Thanksgiving? Here’s how we do vegetarian Thanksgiving!
- 1 lb green beans 450 g
- 1 Tbsp oil 15 mL
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Trim: Trim the tough ends off of each tip of the green beans. Wash and dry well.
- Flavor: Toss green beans together with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cook: Air fryer at 375°F (190°C) for 7 to 10 minutes, or until tender and a bit browned at the edges.
Leave a Comment