Looking for recipes using hummus? These are 10 of our favorite ways to eat hummus — just the thing if you’re looking for delicious ways to use this amazing chickpea-based spread — from dips to salads to desserts and more!
Do you remember when you first tasted hummus? Because I do, and it was a pivotal life moment, guys.
I was studying nutrition in college was elated to learn that this mystical creamy dip was not only good for me, but could be paired with anything (yes, even chocolate…keep scrolling).
A few of the best foods to eat hummus with include using it as a:
- Veggie dip like celery, carrots, broccoli, or cauliflower
- Fruit dip like sliced apples
- Chip dip for pita chips, duh
- Spread on sandwiches and wraps
- Sauce for pastas and salads
And hummus is healthy! The main ingredient in hummus is the nutritious chickpea (otherwise known as the garbanzo bean). Packed with protein, fiber, and iron, this healthy legume recipe is, put simply, the best.
And in the name of showing you all the ways to eat hummus, here are a few of our favorite hummus-containing recipes!
Hummus Toast Base
- 1 slice bread sourdough is great here
- 2 Tbsp hummus plain or flavored
Flavor Options (pick one!)
- 1 fried egg
- 2 Tbsp pico de gallo
- 5 thin slices cucumber
- 1 tsp everything bagel seasoning
- Toast: Toast up your bread until golden brown and crispy.
- Spread: Spread hummus onto the bread.
- Top: Top with your desired flavoring!