Making your own gummies at home can be so easy (and vegan) with the help of agar agar, gelatin’s seaweed sister. Try it out in these simple Orange Creamsicle Vegan Gummies!
We’re ringing in the New Year with oranges here on Live Eat Learn! Is that a thing? Oranges for New Year? Here in Georgia, where I’m visiting my grandpa for the holidays, we ate blackeyed peas and Brussels sprouts to bring luck for the year, but I vote we add some citrus into that lucky mix.
With the holidays in the rear view mirror I’ve been thinking of how we can lighten up our kitchen this year. Last year around this time we cut out everything (okay, not everything, but a whole heck of a lot) with the 21 Day Reset. But this year I’m feeling a bit … less ambitious.
I’m thinking of going towards more homemade versions of things. You know, homemade vegetable stock, get back into making kombucha, and make our own little treats. Case in point, these Orange Creamsicle Gummies.
- 2 cups orange juice 480 mL
- 1 cup low fat coconut milk 236 mL
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup 30 mL
- ½ tsp vanilla extract 2.5 mL
- 3 Tbsp agar agar
- Heat: Combine orange juice, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and agar agar in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium/high and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Set: Remove from heat and pour into a rimmed baking sheet or gummy molds, then place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set.
I first published this recipe on Amanda’s Cookin’.
Leave a Comment