These strawberry popsicles have just three ingredients: strawberries, banana, and yogurt! A healthy treat to cool you off this summer.
Eeee For the Love of Popsicles has officially been released! In case you’re out of the loop, For the Love of Popsicles = my first cookbook + 75 pop recipes + tips + tricks + a summer’s worth of deliciousness! So obviously we’re celebrating the launch of the book this week with…even more popsicles.
As a rule of thumb, any good smoothie makes a great popsicle. So today we’re transforming one of the most classic smoothie flavors, strawberry banana, into creamy frozen treats!
Ingredients for these Strawberry Popsicles
- Strawberries: Fresh strawberries are full of natural sugars, meaning you probably won’t have to add any extra sugar or sweeteners!
- Banana: Naturally sweet and creamy, bananas do wonders for creating that perfectly bitable texture in pops.
- Greek yogurt: Full-fat Greek yogurt makes for the best texture when frozen (compared to non-fat yogurts). I used plain flavor, but feel free to play around with different flavors.
Can you use frozen fruit to make popsicles?
Fresh fruit is best for making popsicles. Frozen fruit will give your popsicles a more icy texture, so just be sure to thaw frozen fruit before using it.
Variations of these strawberry popsicles
This popsicle recipe is pretty flexible, so you can easily change out some things to make them perfect for you:
- Different fruit: Instead of strawberries, you can add virtually any berry, as well as mango, pineapple, kiwi, or peaches.
- No bananas: Not a fan of bananas? You can replace the bananas with 1/2 cup of either canned coconut milk or more yogurt.
- Different yogurt: Plain Greek yogurt does well here, but you can also use flavored varieties, like strawberry, vanilla, or peach!
- Add flavors: Spice up these pops a bit by adding honey, lemon zest, a pinch of cinnamon, or orange juice.
More healthy homemade popsicles
- Loaf Pan Popsicles
- The Ultimate Guide to Homemade Popsicles
- Buttermilk Lemon Thyme Popsicles
- Mint Chocolate Popsicles
- 3 Ingredient Fruit & Yogurt Popsicles
- Check out our cookbook, For the Love of Popsicles!
- 1 cup strawberries hulled and quartered
- 2 bananas
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt can sub vanilla or strawberry
- Optional: 2 Tbsp honey or sugar
- Blend: Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth, adding a tablespoon or so of honey or sugar as needed.
- Freeze: Pour into molds, leaving a little space at the top for them to expand. Insert sticks and freeze until hard (at least 4 hours).
- Serve: Run the mold under warm water for a few seconds to loosen them up, then remove from the mold.