Loaf Pan Popsicles
Wondering how to make popsicles without a mold? This DIY popsicle mold idea makes sliceable homemade loaf pan popsicles that are perfect for a crowd!
You know you’ve reached a new level of excitement / angst when you have stress dreams about your freezer full of popsicles melting. Is this a normal reaction to your first cookbook? Because For the Love of Popsicles is released in ONE WEEK and I can’t wait!
And one of the things about developing 75 popsicle recipes is you pick up some tricks along the way, like how to make popsicles without a mold! And since this is one of the most common questions I get when it comes to popsicle making, I thought I’d share a fun trick for DIY popsicle molds…Loaf Pan Popsicles!
Loaf Pan Popsicles Video
How to Make Popsicles Without A Mold
Making popsicles in a loaf pan is a great way to make them in bulk if you have a party or event coming up. The process goes something like this:
- Line loaf pan with plastic wrap
- Pour in popsicle filling
- Cover with aluminum foil then poke sicks through (the aluminum foil helps to keep the sticks standing upright)
- Freeze until solid
- Slice into popsicles
You can also make popsicles without a mold by using a muffin tray, shot glasses, yogurt containers, or tall skinny drinking glasses!
Popsicle Recipe Ideas
Most popsicle recipes work great for making Loaf Pan Popsicles. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Mango Lassi Popsicles
- Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicles
- Mint Chocolate Popsicles
- Creamsicle Popsicles
- And of course, almost any recipe in For the Love of Popsicles!
- Prep: Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap. Pour in your popsicle fillings then smooth the top with a spatula.
- Cover: Tightly cover your loaf pan with aluminum foil, trying to prevent the foil from touching the filling. Use a small knife to poke small holes in the foil where the sticks will go, about 1 inch apart. Insert sticks.
- Freeze: For at least 6 to 8 hours, or until frozen solid.
- Slice: Run the pan under warm water to loosen it up, then remove the popsicle loaf. Use a sharp knife to cut the loaf into slices. Voila, popsicles!
For the Love of Popsicles: Naturally Delicious Icy Sweet Summer Treats from A–Z
Nonstick Carbon Steel Bread Pan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks so much for dropping by and for making easy recipes like these Loaf Pan Popsicles possible! Be sure to take a photo and tag #LoveOfPopsicles if you give them a go!