With just three simple ingredients, this Whipped Feta Cheese recipe is a creamy, tangy spread that you’re going to want to slather on everything.
There have been a few notable discoveries in my culinary career including the pure magic that is romesco sauce, the ability to turn any leafy green into pesto, and the protein-fueled kitchen hack of using almonds as a breading.
And I recently stumbled across another notable discovery… whipped feta! If you like feta, you’re going to love it in fluffy, creamy, whipped form.
Making this game-changing spread is so easy. You’ll essentially just whip together yogurt and feta cheese until smooth and creamy. That’s it. Really.
The whipped yogurt brings rich smoothness, while the whipped feta brings its distinctively delicious tangy flavor. The result? A cheese spread that goes well on virtually everything. I slather it onto eggs and sandwiches, use it as a base to pizza, and dip pita chips in it. The possibilities are endless for this feta spread.
Ingredients in whipped feta
Check your fridge — feta? Greek yogurt? Now check your cabinet — olive oil? If it’s a triple check, you have everything you need to make this feta spread. And if you don’t have olive oil, just use whatever cooking oil you do have!
- Feta Cheese: First, start with 8 oz of your favorite feta cheese. I recommend using block feta (versus crumbled, which often has starch in it to prevent clumping and can give it a weird flavor).
- Greek Yogurt: Next, use 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt. This is the magic ingredient that turns the feta into a cheesy spread!
- Olive Oil: Use 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to tie everything together.
- Optional Add-Ins: For additional flavor, add some garlic and fresh or dried herbs.
How to make Whipped feta
Few things are easier than this recipe. All you do is let the ingredients warm to room temperature, throw them in a food processor, and blitz. That’s literally it.
- Prep the ingredients: Allow the yogurt and feta to come to room temperature – this will help it to whip up ultra-smooth!
- Whip everything together: Blitz the feta, yogurt, and oil in a food processor until smooth and fluffy, pushing the mixture back into the blades with a rubber spatula as needed. It should take 1-2 minutes.
- Add the flavorings: Stir in any add-ins desired and serve.
What To Serve With whipped feta
Enjoy this feta and yogurt spread as you would any similar dip or spread. You can use it for dipping cut veggies or pita chips, or you can use it like hummus on wraps or fluffy bread!
Or serve it as your “something new” cheese on your ultimate vegetarian cheeseboard!
Or use it as a base for this beet carpaccio!
If preferred, you can substitute the Greek yogurt for an equal amount of cream cheese, ricotta, or sour cream. The yogurt route is my personal favorite, but you may prefer an alternative version! Also, note that the dip will thicken as it chills in the fridge.
More dip recipes
If I know one thing, it’s that dips and spreads are quite literally life. So here are some more delicious, dippable, spreadable recipes to get you through dip season — I mean the fall!
- Vegetarian Buffalo Dip
- Mediterranean Layered Hummus Dip
- Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Healthy Vegan Nutella
- 8 oz feta cheese 226 g
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt 226 g
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil 15 mL
- Optional Add-Ins: garlic, fresh or dried herbs
- Prep: Allow yogurt and feta to come to room temperature – this will help it to whip up ultra-smooth!
- Whip: Blitz feta, yogurt, and oil in a food processor until smooth and fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes, pushing mixture back into blades with a rubber spatula as needed. Stir in any add-ins desired and serve.
Tips & Tricks
A rainbow of desire.
Leave a Comment