Baked carrot chips are the addictive snack you didn’t know you needed. They’re ultra-simple to make and have just 3 ingredients. So what are you waiting for?
Are you looking for a healthy and delicious snack to munch on? Look no further than these crispy oven baked carrot chips!
Made with just a handful of ingredients, these chips are easy to make and satisfy your cravings without sacrificing your health. They are crispy, crunchy, and bursting with flavor, making them the perfect alternative to traditional potato chips.
Plus, they’re a great way to use up any excess carrots you may have in your fridge. So, let’s get started and whip up a batch of these tasty and nutritious carrot chips that are sure to become a new favorite snack in your household!
Here’s what you’ll need
The most basic version of this carrot chips recipe has just 3 ingredients, but you can add more seasonings to flavor them up (I give you a bunch of flavoring ideas further down in the post!)
- Carrots: Aim for a larger carrots, which will be easier to slice into chips. Any color carrot should do the job, they’re all packed with vitamins and fiber!
- Oil: Just a touch of oil will help these carrot chips crisp up in the oven (or air fryer). I use olive oil here, but avocado oil would work well too.
- Salt: Carrots are naturally sweet, so a sprinkle of salt will balance them out.
How to cut carrots into chips
I highly recommend using a mandoline slicer set to the thinnest setting to slice these carrot chips. It makes the prep work infinitely easier and quicker! Then you’ll need to decide what shape to make your chips. There are a few options here:
- Long chips: These keep their shape the best while cooking. Simply cut the carrot lengthwise rather than into rounds.
- Oblong chips: Hold the carrot at a diagonal to the mandolin slicer, making oblong, oval-shaped chips. These also hold their shape relatively well when cooking.
- Circular chips: These curl up into tiny balls when cooking. While they are tasty, these carrot chips are better suited as salad croutons!
How To Make Carrot Chips
Step 1: Prep
Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). To cook your carrot chips, start by patting them dry very well with paper towels. Toss them to evenly coat with oil, then spread into a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
This tool makes quick and even slicing a breeze!
Step 2: Bake
For about 30 minutes, flipping the carrots over after 15 minutes to promote even cooking and crisping. Carrots are done when mostly crispy – they will continue to crisp up as they cool.
Flavor your carrot chips
While these chips are delicious with just a sprinkle of salt, you can take it to the next level and add some of our favorite spice combos! Here are a few ideas (originally used to season popcorn, but great on carrot chips!):
Ranch Seasoning: ½ tsp dried dill, ½ tsp dried chives, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp onion powder, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper
Dorito Seasoning: 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp onion powder, ¼ tsp cumin, ¼ tsp paprika, ¼ tsp chili powder, ¼ tsp salt
Taco Seasoning: 1 Tbsp taco seasoning, 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
Coconut Curry Seasoning: 1 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut, ½ tsp curry powder, ¼ tsp salt
more of our favorite Crispy snacks!
We’re big snack people around here. These are a few of our favorites!
- Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Crispy Kale Chips
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- 1 carrot
- ½ tsp olive oil 2 mL
- ¼ tsp salt
- Prep: Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Thinly slice carrot into chips using a mandolin slicer. Firmly pat dry with paper towels. Toss to coat with oil then spread onto a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Bake: For about 30 minutes, flipping the carrots over after 15 minutes to promote even cooking and crisping. Carrots are done when mostly crispy – they will continue to crisp up as they cool.