In the mood for some new and exciting ways to enjoy your avocados for dinner? Here are 17 avocado recipes sure to level up the playing field and give you extra reasons to pick up a few extra at the store.
You know how it is with avocados. You buy a couple from the store and make the attempt to purchase them at different ripenesses so that they don’t all become ready to eat at once. Then, you place one in the produce bowl on your counter and the rest in the fridge.
You wait and wait and wait for that first avocado to reach the perfect level of ripeness for making guac, avo toast, or whatever you had in mind. Then, you wait some more.
All of a sudden the avocado reaches a level of ripe where it MUST be eaten in the next five minutes, or it will be too late! You don’t want to waste all that avocado nutrition!
Well, with this avocado dinner recipe round up, you have 17 different options to choose from when your avocado reaches that eat-this-avocado-NOW moment!
Between tacos, poke bowls, salads, and dipping sauces, there are no shortage of easy avocado recipe ideas here. So dig in, and enjoy!
- ½ cup romesco sauce
- ½ head cauliflower
- 1 tsp lemon juice 5 mL
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ bell pepper diced
- avocado sliced
- ½ cucumber sliced
- ¼ cup black olives
- ½ cup white beans from a can, drained
- Romesco: Make romesco sauce (ready in 5 minutes).
- Cauliflower: Using a box grater, grate cauliflower into "rice". Microwave for 1 minute, or until soft. Mix in lemon juice and salt.
- Prep Fillings: Measure and prep all remaining Bowl ingredients.
- Sauce: Peel skin from the roasted pepper and add the pepper to a food processor or blender with 1 cup of the roasted tomatoes and all other Romesco Sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Serve: Divide cauliflower rice and veggies evenly into serving bowls, topping with remaining 1 cup of roasted tomatoes and drizzling with romesco sauce.