Looking for easy ways to eat more avocado? This collection of 16+ healthy dinner recipes that use avocado is the answer. From pasta sauces, to rice bowls, tacos, and more! Yes, adding avocado into your morning smoothie is an easy and great way to enjoy the benefits of avocado, but there are endless ways to enjoy avocado at dinnertime too!
You know how it is with avocados. You buy a couple from the store and make the attempt to purchase them at different ripenesses so that they don’t all become ready to eat at once. Then, you place one in the produce bowl on your counter and the rest in the fridge.
You wait and wait and wait for that first avocado to reach the perfect level of ripeness for making an easy avocado sandwich, guacamole, avo toast, or whatever you had in mind. Then, you wait some more.
All of a sudden the avocado reaches a level of ripe where it MUST be eaten in the next five minutes, or it will be too late! You don’t want to waste all that avocado nutrition!
Well with these avocado recipes dinner just got more delicious. Here are 17 different ways to eat avocado for when your avocado reaches that eat-this-avocado-NOW moment!
Between tacos, poke bowls, salads, and dipping sauces, there are no shortage of easy avocado recipe ideas here. So dig in, and enjoy!
Wondering why you should eat more avocado? Avocados are a great source of healthy fats! How much fat is in an avocado? About 22 grams (and 19 grams of that are unsaturated fat – the healthy fat!)
- ½ cup romesco sauce
- ½ head cauliflower
- 1 tsp lemon juice 5 mL
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ bell pepper diced
- avocado sliced
- ½ cucumber sliced
- ¼ cup black olives
- ½ cup white beans from a can, drained
- Romesco: Make romesco sauce (ready in 5 minutes).
- Cauliflower: Using a box grater, grate cauliflower into "rice". Microwave for 1 minute, or until soft. Mix in lemon juice and salt.
- Prep Fillings: Measure and prep all remaining Bowl ingredients.
- Sauce: Peel skin from the roasted pepper and add the pepper to a food processor or blender with 1 cup of the roasted tomatoes and all other Romesco Sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Serve: Divide cauliflower rice and veggies evenly into serving bowls, topping with remaining 1 cup of roasted tomatoes and drizzling with romesco sauce.