7 Dessert Date Recipes That Prove You Don’t Need Sugar
Date week was short and sweet, so damn sweet. I still have loads of dates in my fridge that you can expect to see in upcoming date recipes because they’re just too sweet for me to eat at every meal. I take that back, nothing is too sweet for me, but you get the gist.
I mentioned that I may begin stretching out “ingredient of the weeks” in the hope of getting to explore each ingredient a bit better. Because sometimes life happens and your stuffed dates turn out looking like moose poop and you don’t have time to make something else but gosh darnit there were so many things you wanted to make with dates! So, whilst I may really really need to pack for my trip to Colorado, I’ve got to give you a handful of tasty date recipes from around the web.
3. I’m allergic to peanut butter, but I imagine dates + peanut butter would be really good. I mean, if it wouldn’t kill me. Try these and tell let me know! Sugar Free Peanut Butter Truffles. (Peas and Peonies)
4. These just sound like the bees knees. Like a really unique bee who’s tired of all the goat cheese dates and just wants to fly its own little unique bee path. Cheddar Stuffed Dates with Orange Fennel Sauce. (Teaspoon of Spice)
5. So I had to Google what carob was for this, and it’s probably another one of those Sarah’s-been-living-under-a-rock-for-too-long things, but in case you too don’t know carob, it’s a sort of cocoa replacement. And dates + carob + some other things = Double Layer Carob Fudge Bites. (Life Currents)
6. I tried out dates a few times before here on the blog, like when I used them to make a crust for this Tofu Pie.
7. And also to sweeten these Tropical Chia Parfaits.
Alright, now I really must go pack! Colorado adventures await! Have a safe and happy Columbus Day and be sure to stop back by next week for some cozy autumn pumpkin cookin’!