Craving a savory breakfast but running low on time? This Veggie Mug Omelette is easy to make, tastes delicious, and is ready in less than 5 minutes!
Need a quick and easy breakfast that’s full of protein and will leave you feeling full, fueled, and ready for the day ahead? You’ve come to the right place.
This veggie mug omelette takes regular, tasty omelette ingredients (eggs, peppers, cheese) and delivers an actual omelette, but speeds up the cook time and makes things 10 times easier!
I love to make these when I need a quick breakfast. They require only 2 minutes of microwave time and are just as delicious as a regular stove-cooked omelette.
Bonus speed points if you chop your veggies ahead of time so that they’re ready to go when the morning rolls around!
Here’s what you’ll need
Though the cooking method is different, the ingredients are the same! This veggie mug omelette features all of the omelette ingredients you love: red and green peppers, spinach, cheese, and of course, eggs!
- Eggs: Two large eggs will form the base of this recipe.
- Milk: Each egg can absorb 1 tablespoon of liquids. We’ll use milk, which will help the omelette be fluffy tender!
- Cheese: Ain’t an omelette without cheese! I like using sharp cheddar, but you could use whatever shredded cheese you have on hand.
- Bell Pepper: I like using both green and red bell peppers for pops of color, but you can use whichever color you’ve got in the fridge!
- Spinach: Throw in ¼ cup of finely chopped fresh spinach to make Popeye proud.
- Salt & Pepper: Finally, add salt and pepper to taste!
How to make a veggie mug omelette
Making an omelette has never been easier. Between the simple ingredients, straightforward instructions, and fast cook time, this is guaranteed to be the easiest omelette you’ll ever make. Just mix, microwave, and enjoy!
Step 1: Prep the mug
First, start by lightly greasing a large coffee mug.
Step 2: Combine the ingredients
Next, add the eggs and milk to the mug and whisk them together until they’re evenly combined. Stir in the cheese, peppers, and spinach.
Step 3: Cook the omelette
Microwave the mug on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until the egg is fully cooked.
Step 4: Serve
Finally, season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Loaded veggie omelette add-ons
Want to add extra veggies to your omelette? Whether substituting something included in the list or adding something brand new, here are some easy ideas!
- Red or yellow onion
- Tofu crumbles
- Cherry tomatoes (only a couple, as these can water things down)
Note: If adding ingredients (rather than swapping), you may want to include an extra egg. Otherwise, your bites may be too veggie-heavy!
More yummy breakfasts to try
If you loved this healthy veggie omelette recipe, you’ll love my other breakfast recipes too! Here are some of my favorites that I definitely recommend whipping up this weekend.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp finely diced red pepper
- 2 Tbsp finely diced green pepper
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prep: Lightly grease a large coffee mug.
- Combine: Add eggs and milk to the mug and whisk together until evenly combined. Stir in cheese, peppers, and spinach.
- Cook: Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring everything 30 seconds, until egg is fully cooked.
- Serve: Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.