Upgrade your breakfast with this Fluffy Soufflé Omelette recipe. Each bite is filled with rich flavor that melts in your mouth and tastes like a cheesy cloud!
The most delicious egg soufflé omelette recipe
Omelettes are always good, but have you ever had a fluffy souffle omelette? There’s something about these that are an extra treat. Maybe it’s the fluffiness, or maybe it’s the loaded in cheddar, but either way these always feel like an indulgence!
These egg souffle omelettes are made with only four ingredients and come together in just 15 minutes (10 for prep, 5 for cooking). It winds up being a very filling omelette, so save the second half for later, share it, or enjoy the whole thing!
“Wonderfully easily, and easily wonderful. Tastes delicious… an omelette on steroids. Loved it and will make it again. I added ham to the omelette, and suspect you could add most anything.” —Tim
Here’s what you’ll need
There’s nothing better than a simple, 4-ingredient recipe! Below is a list of everything you’ll need to create the fluffy souffle omelette of your dreams.
- Eggs: First up, you’ll need 3 large eggs.
- Salt: To bring out the flavor of the egg, include ¼ tsp of salt.
- Cheddar Cheese: You will need to use of ¼ shredded cheddar cheese to get the perfect amount of cheesiness. Divide it to use in two different steps.
- Butter: Finally, you will need 2 tablespoons of butter to cook the omelette. Feel free to substitute this for olive oil.
How to make a fluffy souffle omelette
This cheddar souffle omelette comes together in 7 steps. Be sure to carefully separate and beat the eggs. These steps will help the omelette reach the fluffy texture that we’re after.
Step 1: Separate the eggs
First, separate the egg whites from the yolks, placing them in separate bowls. Be sure to not get any drops of egg yolk in the egg whites, or they won’t whip correctly!
Step 2: Beat the whites
In a large, clean bowl, beat the egg whites until you get stiff peaks.
Step 3: Beat the yolks
In a small bowl, whisk or beat the yolk and salt together until it becomes pale and creamy looking, about 30 seconds.
Step 4: Fold the eggs
Next, using a rubber spatula, gently fold the egg yolks into the egg whites. Add half of the cheese and fold to combine.
Step 5: Begin cooking
Next, melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium/low heat. Add the egg mixture, using your spatula to spread it out into an even circle. Cover and cook until the bottom is golden and the top is just barely set. It should take 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese, allowing it to melt.
Step 6: Fold the omelette
Fold the omelette in half (to do this without breaking the omelette, I like to slide the omelette halfway off the pan and onto a plate, then fold the remaining half over itself).
Step 7: Serve and enjoy
Season with salt and pepper as needed, and serve immediately.
Extra omelette mix-ins
Want to fill your omelette with a few more mix-ins? Feel free! You can use whatever you’d put in any other omelette.
Consider adding in diced tomatoes (regular or cherry), spinach, peppers (red, green, or whatever you’d like), broccoli, mushrooms, caramelized (or raw) onions, etc. Or add cottage cheese for a high protein omelette!
More breakfast recipes
Need some more breakfast ideas to cook up for this weekend’s Sunday brunch? Try one of these for a savory, filling meal.
- Huevos Rancheros
- Southern Eggs Benedict
- Sweet Potato & Spinach Quinoa Breakfast Skillet
- Savory Oatmeal with Avocado and Poached Egg
- Egg White Frittata
- Filipino Eggplant Omelet
Looking for another fun way to use eggs? Try this silky Egg White Oatmeal!
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese divided, 28 g
- 2 Tbsp butter 28 g
- Separate: Separate the egg whites from the yolks, placing them in separate bowls. Be sure to not get any drops of egg yolk in the egg whites or they won't whip correctly!
- Beat Whites: In a large, clean bowl, beat the egg whites until you get stiff peaks.
- Beat Yolks: In a small bowl, whisk or beat together the yolk and salt until it is pale and creamy looking, about 30 seconds.
- Fold: With a rubber spatula, gently fold the egg yolks into the egg whites. Add half of the cheese and fold to combine.
- Cook: Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium/low heat. Add the egg mixture, using your spatula to spread it out into an even circle. Cover and cook until the bottom is golden and the top is just barely set, about 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle on remaining cheese, allowing it to melt.
- Fold: Fold omelette in half (to do this without breaking the omelette, I like to slide the omelette halfway off the pan and onto a plate, then fold the remaining half over itself).
- Serve: Season with salt and pepper, as needed. Serve immediately.