This cinnamon stick coffee stirrers recipe makes the perfect holiday gift or little indulgence, adding a decadent touch to your favorite coffee.
I’m a firm believer that food and other tasty consumables are the best kind of presents. Especially now that I live in Holland where our house is approximately the size of Harry Potter’s cupboard under the stairs and I don’t have room for a spare toothbrush, let alone well-meant gifts that I may or may not use.
I also happen to be a firm believer in coffee, and showing love in the form of coffee. So when Dunkin’ Donuts® reached out to me to help introduce their cozy Bakery Series® of coffee, I knew just what to do.
Today we’re making Chocolate Cinnamon Stick Coffee Stirrers, the perfect quick holiday gift or everyday self-indulgence. Pair them with a bag of Cinnamon Coffee Roll coffee from Dunkin’ Donuts and you have a mighty fine gift on your hands (and one that won’t be guiltily sent to goodwill in a few years).
Have you guys ever heard of or received those chocolate-coated spoons that are supposed to turn your milk into hot cocoa? Well this coffee stirrers recipe is like, a gazillion times better, because with these you get a decadent, perfectly chocolatey, perfectly cinnamony mocha.
The concept is super simple. Get yourself a bundle of cinnamon sticks and a bar or two of dark chocolate. Melt the chocolate, dip one end of the cinnamon sticks into the chocolate, and let cool. Making tasty homemade coffee stir sticks is that easy!
- 1 large bar dark chocolate 200 g, or dairy-free alternative
- 10 large cinnamon sticks 5 inch, 12 cm long
- Use the double boiler method to best melt the chocolate. If you don’t actually have a double boiler, bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Place chocolate in a slightly smaller saucepan and hold it over the boiling water, being sure not to touch the bottom of the pan with the chocolate to the boiling water. Stir chocolate constantly until ¾ of it has melted. Remove from heat and continue stirring until the rest is melted.
- Prepare a parchment paper lined plate of board (one that will fit in your freezer or fridge).
- Dip 1 to 2 inches (2.5 to 5 cm) of each cinnamon stick into the chocolate. Let excess drip off then set on the prepared plate. Repeat for each cinnamon stick, then place the plate in the freezer or fridge for about 10 minutes, or until chocolate is hardened.
- If you still have chocolate and are feeling up for it, double dip your cinnamon sticks into the chocolate, repeating step 3 above.
- Stir into coffee and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Gifting ideas: Either wrap these cinnamon sticks individually or gift them as a bundle with a bag of Dunkin’ Donuts® Bakery Series® Cinnamon Coffee Roll coffee (pick up a bag wherever you buy your groceries, or get it online here). For added adorbs, gift it in an open mason jar with festive tissue paper and ribbons galore!
- Store in an airtight container or wrapper at a cool room temperature for 1 to 2 months.
This Cinnamon Stick Coffee Stirrers recipe is sponsored by Dunkin’ at Home! All thoughts and opinions are, as always, my own.