47 Gift Ideas for the Foodie in Your Life
Us foodies have a soft spot for kitchen gadgets and trinkets when it comes to holiday gifts, so if you’ve got a food lover or two on your gift giving list, I’ve got a few ideas for you. Healthy food lovers, aspiring chefs, food bloggers…here are 47 gift ideas for foodies.
Gift Ideas for the Health Food Lover
1. Healthy eating doesn’t rely on fat and carbs for flavor, but rather clever combos of herbs and spices! Keep those herbs happy with this herb keeper.
2. Pour in hot water and watch these tea leaf flowers blossom right in your cup.
3. MyPlate lovers rejoice! These perfectly portioned plates are designed to illustrate how healthy-sized portions of proteins, vegetables, and carbohydrates should look.
4. Why pay for specialty infused waters when your health-loving friend can make their own with this flavor infusing water bottle?
5. For the health-loving foodie looking to take it to the next level, a good kitchen scale is a healthy, handy tool.
6. A cup of mushrooms has only 21 calories but a ton of vitamin D and iron. Grow them at home with this mushroom farm!
7. For the foodie who has been really good this year, give them the gift of possibility with a Vitamix, one of the most powerful blenders out there.
8. The days of propellant-packed cooking sprays and over-oiled meals are over. Evenly coat food and pans with this oil mister.
9. This indoor hydroponic garden got us through many dark Alaskan winters, and is the perfect gift for anyone hoping to keep garden-fresh produce on the table year round!
Gifts Under $20 That You’ll Want to Keep for Yourself
10. You don’t realize you need this cookie press until you learn that it exists.
11. Declutter the utensil drawer with a tool that does it all.
12. No need for tons of mismatched Tupperware when you have this collapsible produce container.
14. Can we all just thank online shopping for existing? Just the marshmallows from Lucky Charms.
Gifts for the Lover of All Things Wacky & Peculiar
15. Gingerbread cookies? Nah, you need ninjabread cookies. Take your holiday cookies from green belt to sensei with these ninjabread cookie cutters.
16. If this isn’t just the best stocking stuffer for anybody and everybody, then I don’t know what is. Pick up a few of these sloth tea diffusers (and one for me too, please!)
17. Not into sloths? Get this pug in a mug tea diffuser! Tea diffusers for everyone!!
18. Some people require a warning label when it comes to interacting with them pre-food. Fortunately, this lunch box has them covered.
19. For the egg lover, this sunny side up egg shaper. Start the day off sunny!
20. You know what that soup is missing? A ladle that looks like Nellie the Loch Ness Monster.
21. Practice that 2nd Amendment right to bear arms. Or like…bear paws…bear paw oven mitts…get it…?
22. We all have that sriracha-obsessed friend. They probably need this sriracha water bottle.
23. That same friend is going to need a travel-sized bottle of sriracha as well, right?
24. Baking bad in the kitchen but keeping it clean underneath with this Breaking Bad apron. Let’s cook (food…only cooking food here folks).
25. When you combine their two greatest loves in one awesome gift, you basically win Christmas. For that person…light saber chop sticks.
26. Fine art? Nah. This is feline art.
27. There is just no reason for bland bowls. Make a statement with this Dropp fruit bowl.
28. I don’t know about you, but I’ve never liked chopping lettuce. But I bet I’d like it a lot more tolerable with a KARATE CHOP KNIFE!
Gift Ideas for the Aspiring Michelin Star Chef
29. Have that friend who’s always watching cooking shows and making references to El Bulli and spherical olives? Get them a molecular gastronomy kit and deliver the art of science into their cooking.
30. The days of Velveeta and Kraft Singles will be long gone after you buy your foodie this Girolle cheese scraper.
31. If your aspiring super star chef ALSO loves scrapbooks (ehhm…me) get them this food journal, a place to jot down all of their ideas, experiences, restaurant reviews, and recipes!
32. You know you’re in a fancy establishment when the portion sizes are small. Are personal-sized pies fancy? I think yes.
33. Do they have a cheese grater? Probably. What about salt and pepper grinders? Duh. But I bet they don’t have a fresh herb mill!
34. Guys, pancake art is the new thing. Like yea, maybe it won’t show up in any Michelin Stars, but it’s art! And your aspiring master chef friend/family member deserves an ample “paintbrush” for their pancake art.
35. They’re going to need to know how to cut the perfect julienne. Gift them this OCD chef cutting board.
36. Cast iron is at the top of my wish list this year. It’s just so perfect for every occasion! This cast iron Dutch oven will become the oldest, most cherished piece in your Michelin star chef’s arsenal.
37. “Recipe calls for salt? Yea but WHICH KIND of salt?” That’s the kind of problem they’ll be having after you gift them this unique array of salts from around the world.
38. “This is all homemade.” “Yea but is the butter homemade?” “YEA BETCH.” For the chef that has everything…a butter churn.
39. For the hours not spent cooking, gift your aspiring chef this baker’s necklace to keep cooking close to their heart (dawwww).
Gift Ideas for the Food Blogger
40. Confession: I’m a food blogger who has no idea how to bake a potato without some instructione. Fortunately, there’s an apron with a cooking guide printed right on it to help with those pesky cooking tidbits. Cooking times, a kitchen glossary, conversions, temperatures…everything a food blogger needs right at their fingertips!
41. When you’re trying to get a decent picture of the whole process of cooking a recipe, things get messy. This over-the-sink strainer and cutting board consolidates some of that mess to the sink (so no one can see your atrocious mess in photos!)
42. The food blogger is in a time crunch. Get em this handheld immersion blender to help take some of the pressure off. Perfect for sauces, smoothies, and soups!
43. Odds are your food blogger has a lot of leftovers in the fridge. Help keep it fresh by gifting this air purifying bag.
44. Most food bloggers don’t have a whole lighting setup at their disposal, but this 5-sided light reflector and diffuser is the perfect, affordable alternative. Plus it folds up small for simple storage!
45. Photography is vital when it comes to food blogging. I use the Nikon D7000 for all the photos here on the blog, although there is a new version of this, the Nikon D7200. Most of my photos are shot with this 55mm f/1.8 lens. I also use this 40 mm f/2.8 macro for those super close-ups (see shot of chia seeds below).
46. I love my Wacom Tablet. I use it for writing/doodling on photos and for editing!
47. Every food blogger needs a good photo processing software. I use Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom for photo editing, and Adobe InDesign for the more designy things, like my Pinterest Pins. If your food blogger friend/family member already has these, gift them a VSCO film preset. These are a collection of presets that add some serious photo-processing oomph.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you buy something after clicking a link, I may get a commission. I’ve done my best to find you the best products for the lowest prices. Enjoy browsing these gift ideas for foodies, happy shopping, and very happy holidays!
Hi, I’m Sarah!
Showing you how to make easy vegetarian recipes, one ingredient at a time. Read more