Vegan Marshmallow Coconut Popsicles
This Marshmallow Coconut Popsicles recipe tastes just like marshmallows (while being totally vegan). The secret? Aquafaba!
Coming at you with one last recipe sneak peak from For the Love of Popsicles in the form of these unique vegan popsicles! These were easily the most tested and refined recipe in the book, with me and the trusty taste testers putting in so many hours perfecting these pops.
There were a few popsicle ideas I gave up on after a few rounds of testing (like my idea for color changing popsicles that involved…cabbage) (or sugar-free jello pops which were actually the worst).
But I just knew aquafaba belonged in a popsicle, so we tested and tested until we arrived at these Marshmallow Coconut Popsicles! They’re light and fluffy and a flashback to the marshmallow spread of our childhoods!
Vegan Marshmallow Coconut Popsicles Video
Ingredients for these marshmallow popsicles
- Aquafaba: Otherwise known as the liquid from a can of chickpeas! This magically whips into meringue-like peaks and forms the base of this recipe (liquid from home-cooked chickpeas will not work well here).
- Coconut Milk: Full-fat canned coconut milk give these pops their silky smooth texture.
- Sugar: Sugar not only sweetens the pops, but stabilizes the aquafaba meringue.
- Cream or Tartar: Crucial for stabilizing the meringue. After many failed batches, I realized my cream of tartar had expired. A fresh jar of it and I was back to perfect pops – check the freshness of your jar!
- Vanilla: Finally, a touch of vanilla (extract or paste) rounds out the flavors and masks any remaining chickpea taste.
Making the aquafaba for these popsicles is as simple as pouring the juice from a can of chickpeas into your stand mixer, adding cream of tartar and sugar, then whipping to stiff peaks! Make sure your phone is nearby because you’re going to want to take a billion photos of this magic (or is that just me?)
Then we’ll slowly whisk in the coconut milk. This is going to deflate the vegan meringue some, but that’s okay! It will remain airy while becoming more pourable, which is perfect because the next step is to pour int molds and freeze!
Love popsicles? There’s more where this came from!
- Loaf Pan Popsicles
- Lemon Buttermilk Popsicles
- Mango Lassi Popsicles
- Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicles
- Mint Chocolate Popsicles
- And of course, the 74 other recipes in For the Love of Popsicles!
- 1/2 cup aquafaba (the liquid from 1 15-oz (425 g) can of chickpeas)
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar (55 g)
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk (120 mL)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Meringue: Add aquafaba and cream of tartar to a clean bowl and whip with a standing or hand mixer. When liquid starts to become foamy, gradually add in sugar. Continue whipping at high speed until you reach stiff peaks. This can take a few minutes. Be patient, you’ll get there.
- Coconut: With beaters on, slowly pour in the coconut milk until fully incorporated. It will lose some fluff and become a bit liquid again; that’s ok! Stir in vanilla.
- Freeze: Spoon or pour into molds, leaving a little space at the top for them to expand. Insert sticks and freeze until hard (at least 4 hours).
- Serve: Run the mold under warm water for a few seconds to loosen them up, then remove from the mold.
For the Love of Popsicles: Naturally Delicious Icy Sweet Summer Treats from A–Z
KitchenAid Stand Mixer
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 popsicle
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 61 Total Fat: 3.6g Saturated Fat: 3.2g Carbohydrates: 7.6g Fiber: 0.3g Sugar: 7.0g Protein: 0.5g
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you). Thanks so much for dropping by and for making easy recipes like these Vegan Marshmallow Coconut Popsicles possible! Be sure to take a photo and tag #LoveOfPopsicles if you give them a go!
Hi, I’m Sarah! We’re working our way through the easy vegetarian kitchen, one ingredient at a time. Learn more and follow along!
Join the Eatmail for exclusive recipes, meal ideas PLUS our FREE green smoothies eBook!