This Tomato Mango Bruschetta is a healthy twist on an Italian classic that you’re sure to love!
The summer is off to a pretty good start. We biked to the beach, got (what some might call) a tan, and the tulip-man had his first s’more! Together nearly three years and the boy has never had a s’more. But I think he likes them, because when I came home the other day the kitchen torch was sitting on the counter, a remnant from his marshmallow roasting practice session.
And did I mention it’s hot? Without air conditioning here in Holland, we sleep like starfish every night, sprawled out and uncovered. And this also means that turning on the oven is reserved for only the most special of occasions. And today’s bruschetta half qualifies.
During one of our hot messes (definition: an afternoon spent cooking up a storm and photographing for our blogs), Anouk and I created these guys. She’s all about the classic Italian recipes, so she whipped up a traditional tomato bruschetta in seconds.
And you guys know me, always slamming ingredients together that I probably shouldn’t. So I schemed up the tomato mango bruschetta, roasting the mango and tomatoes to bring out their sweet, juiciness.
I hope you enjoy these fun bruschetta ideas! Serve them with Sweet Potato Gnocchi or sunny Lemon Basil Risotto.
- 8-12 slices baguette toasted
- 1 cup sweet cherry tomatoes 150 g
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil 5 mL
- 1 Tbsp basil chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp balsamic reduction 5 mL
- Roast: Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Toss to combine cherry tomatoes, mango, and oil on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tomatoes have burst.
- Assemble: Combine roasted tomatoes and mangoes with basil, salt, and pepper. Serve over toasted bread, drizzled with balsamic reduction.
Leave a Comment