Everyone loves pizza, and everyone loves spaghetti. What happens when you put them together? Spaghetti pizza! This quick and easy dinner is sure to be a hit.
This version adds some nice crispy texture in the oven, and includes eggs for a quick hit of protein. It’s a great way of using that leftover bag of spaghetti sitting in your fridge (anyone else store leftover spaghetti in a bag? just me?)
The best part about this meal is it easily feeds a crowd, or you can enjoy leftovers for the week. Talk about easy lunches! Let’s cook.
Ingredients for Spaghetti Pizza
Super simple ingredients here – you should have the basics already in the pantry. It’s up to you if you want to run to the store for some fresh toppings.
- Spaghetti: Classic spaghetti is the best shape here. The long strands will join together well in the pan to bake into a”pizza crust”.
- Tomato Sauce: I use classic tomato sauce and add spices, but you can certainly grab (or make) marinara sauce instead. This spaghetti pizza is unhinged – there are no rules.
- Eggs: This is the glue that helps our pasta hold together! It also adds a bit of protein.
- Cheese: Parmesan also helps holds things together, and combined with mozzarella is the traditional pizza taste. Cheddar is a great option to add on top.
What Type Of Pasta?
Long pasta noodles are best for this spaghetti pizza recipe because they tangle together into a thick crust! You can use many types of pasta, like angel hair, bucatini, or even fettuccine.
How to make Spaghetti Pizza
This is SO easy – cook the pasta, mix everything together, and bake!
Step 1: Prep
Heat up the oven, and get a large stockpot of water ready to go. I always like to salt my pasta water for maximum flavor.
Step 2: Spaghetti
Cook according to the box directions. Make sure not to go past al dente as the pasta will cook more once it’s coated in sauce and in the oven.
Step 3: Stir
Stir together the drained pasta with the eggs and Park, and half the tomato sauce with half the mozzarella. This gets everything nice and coated.
Step 4: Assemble
Spread the coated pasta into your rimmed sheet pan. Make sure it has sides on it or you’ll have a mess on your hands (and oven!). Top with remaining sauce and cheese, and any fresh toppings you’d like.
Step 5: Bake
Bake until everything is golden and the cheese is melted. Cut into squares and serve!
Mexican Pizza: Stir in a drained can of black beans for extra protein, and use a Mexican blend cheese or sub more cheddar in for the mozzarella.
Meat Lovers: Add some vegan pepperoni on top instead of or with the tomatoes.
Make It Homemade: Put even more love into this pizza by making your own marinara sauce.
Low Carb: Make a low carb version of this recipe by using cooked spaghetti squash in place of the spaghetti noodles.
Leftovers: Store slices in an airtight container for grab and go convenience. You can reheat in the microwave, in a skillet, or the toaster oven. It’s even great cold while standing in front of the fridge (🙋🏼♀️).
This large nonstick sheet pan is one of my everyday favorites!
Serve up a fun time with friends. Nothing is easier than having a quick meal on hand.
- Vegetarian Caesar Salad is the perfect side dish – cold salad with hot “pizza.”
- Kombucha Radler in a pitcher really makes things feel like being out at the pub.
- Watermelon Pizza can round things out and be the perfect side or dessert.
- 1 lb uncooked spaghetti 453 g
- 1 24-oz can tomato sauce divided, 680 g
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella divided, 228 g
- ½ cup grated parmesan 65 g
- 3 large eggs
- ½ tsp each salt, garlic powder, oregano, dried basil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 114 g
- Topping Ideas: sliced tomatoes, fresh basil
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Spaghetti: Cook spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente (should still have a little bite to it). When finished, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Stir: In a large bowl toss together cooked spaghetti, half of the tomato sauce, 1 cup of mozzarella, parmesan, eggs, and seasonings.
- Assemble: Spread pasta mixture on a large (12 x 17 inch) rimmed baking sheet. Evenly top with remaining tomato sauce, remaining 1 cup of mozzarella, cheddar, and your desired toppings.
- Bake: Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown and melted. Cut into squares and serve hot.