For when you’re craving a cocktail that can cool you off in the summer heat, this Frozen Watermelon Daiquiri is the answer, taking almost no time to prepare (and with just a handful of ingredients)!
This daiquiri finds its roots in my food hoarding. Despite never seeming to have any spare freezer space, I tend to freeze all leftovers (which came first, the chicken or the egg?). I hate the idea of throwing away food, so our freezer is packed with an array of chopped vegetables and fruits for use in future stir fries or banana breads or smoothies.
Obviously, watermelon, which always gives you way more fruit than you expect or need, takes up a considerable amount of space in said freezer. But frozen watermelon is exactly what we need for these daiquiris!
To make these Frozen Watermelon Daiquiris, just throw frozen watermelon into a blender along with some Malibu, lime juice, and sugar. Blend until smooth and you’re good to go! You can store leftovers in a freezer-safe container or baggie for tasty slushies anytime.
“This was great and so easy!” —Linda
Watermelon Daiquiri Ingredients
With only 4 ingredients, this frozen cocktail is a must-make for summer! Watermelon is a healthy sweet base that adds volume to this cocktail without needing to add much else. To match this awesome fruit, I paired a few other simple and fresh ingredients.
- Watermelon: This recipe starts with 4 cups of frozen seedless watermelon. Of course, you can double the recipe if you’d like!
- Lime Juice: To add a bit of tang and zest, we will use a dash of fresh lime juice!
- Sugar: Finally, we gotta add some sweetness! Watermelons are tasty as they come, but a little extra sugar helps the flavors to pop when frozen. You can substitute the sugar for a sugar alternative (like Stevia or Splenda), or go with a liquid sweetener like honey, maple, or agave.
- Malibu Rum: Rum goes great with watermelon because it takes on any flavor added to it. I prefer Malibu and sometimes get a little wild and use coconut, but you could use whatever rum you like!
How to Make A Watermelon Daiquiri
This drink is so easy to make, just freeze your watermelon chunks, add everything to a blender, and blend! It is also a super great recipe for using watermelon that you don’t think you will eat before it goes bad, just freeze it and use it in this drink!
Step 1: Blend
Add all ingredients to a blender and blitz until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed to evenly combine.
Step 2: Enjoy
Ya, I don’t have anything to write for this step since that is the whole recipe. So easy!
Prep the watermelon: By cutting and freezing the watermelon in advance, you can serve yourself and your guest’s fresh frozen daiquiris with nearly no work.
Storage: Unfortunately, these do not freeze very well as the alcohol keeps them from freezing but the water will freeze. Other types of daiquiris can be frozen depending on their ingredients (less water).
More frozen treats you’ll love
Be sure to try our Watermelon Sorbet, which uses a similar process (but has just 2 ingredients!) Not feeling watermelon? Try one of these frozen treats:
- Loaf Pan Popsicles
- The Ultimate Guide to Homemade Popsicles
- Buttermilk Lemon Thyme Popsicles
- Mint Chocolate Popsicles
- Check out our cookbook, For the Love of Popsicles!
- 4 cups watermelon previously chopped and frozen, 600 g
- ½ cup Malibu rum 120 mL
- 2 to 4 Tbsp sugar to taste
- 2 Tbsp lime juice 30 mL
- Blend: Add all ingredients to a blender and blitz until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed to evenly combine.