15 Minute Buddha Bowls
This 15 Minute Buddha Bowls recipe, with healthy grains, chickpeas, fruit, and avocado, is a balanced, healthy meal that comes together in no time!
I came to the realization this week that I’m not exploring enough. I mean I’ve piddled about my new little town and I’ve ventured into Rotterdam and Amsterdam a few times, but I haven’t really done any ground breaking exploring. So the tulip-man and I came up with a solution…Exploration Fridays! (how’s that for a name?) On Fridays he’ll cold call new prospects for his brand new company, and I’ll…well I’ll explore! Today I’m thinking my exploration will involve finding some good bike stores so I can pimp my ride, a.k.a the bike the tulip-man got me for Christmas, a white, wide-handled beach cruiser we affectionately call Yeti the Fire Storm. What will you be exploring this weekend?
Might I suggest you explore the phenomenon that is the Buddha Bowl? I saw these popping up on restaurant menus in the new-agey Pearl district back when I lived in San Antonio, and, well, they’re pretty amazing. The general concept is that they’re a completely balanced, usually plant-based meal…in a bowl! It goes a bit like this:
Because this week is all about mandarin oranges here on the blog, we’re topping this Buddha Bowls recipe with a creamy orange dressing that is actually the best thing ever.
And these are so versatile. You can serve them all pretty and organized or mix ’em all up! They’re the perfect excuse to use any and all fruits and veggies you have on hand, which, with my fascination of Dutch groceries, happens to be a lot lately.
15 Minute Buddha Bowls Recipe
This 15 Minute Buddha Bowls recipe is a balanced, healthy meal that comes together in no time! It’s a flavorful combo of healthy grains, chickpeas, fruit and avocado with a creamy, citrusy yogurt dressing.
- ¼ cup plain yogurt 60 g, or dairy-free alternative
- ¼ cup orange juice 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp honey 30 mL, can sub maple syrup or agave
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 handfuls greens your choice, I used spinach
- 1 cup cooked bulgur* 182 g, can sub quinoa, couscous, or brown rice
- 1 can (1.5 cups) chickpeas 200 g, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup blueberries 100 g
- 4 mandarin oranges peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 small avocados sliced
- ½ small red onion about ½ cup, sliced
- 2 large carrots about 1 cup, peeled and shredded
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Divide greens into 4 servings bowls, then top each with equal portions of cooked bulgur, chickpeas, blueberries, orange slices, avocado, onion, and carrot.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
*Read about how to cook bulgur here.
Helpful products for this Buddha Bowls recipe
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you buy something from that link I may earn a commission, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting Live Eat Learn and for making these recipes possible!