Summer Fruit & Quinoa Breakfast Bake
Packed with whole grains and fresh fruit, this Summer Fruit Quinoa Breakfast Bake requires minimal effort and leaves your home smelling delicious!
It’s just about time for another adventure! I bought overalls for lavender fields and sundresses for ritzy beaches, because this lady is headed to the south of France! My sister, a Hawaiian sun princess, flew half way across the world and we’re going to reunite with the whole family in Germany (which will likely just involve me cuddling Louie nonstop), before hopping a train down south. The tulip-man is going to be pretty jealo of my Pokemon collection when I get home.
And as a breakfast fanatic, I don’t think any great adventure can begin without a good breakfast. So today we’re cooking up a breakfast that’s packed with healthy whole grains, peaches, and strawberries…the Summer Fruit Quinoa Breakfast Bake!
Do you remember the Berry Bulgur Breakfast Bake from a few months ago? This quinoa breakfast bake is a bit like that, but with, summer fruits, quinoa instead of bulgur, and an insy bit less hands-on work. But the concept is still the same. Throw a bunch of healthy ingredients in a dish, bake for an hour, boom breakfast.
Summer Fruit Breakfast Bake
- 3 bananas sliced
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa 95 g, rinsed*
- ½ cup uncooked rolled oats 50 g
- ¼ cup brown sugar 65 g
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup sliced peaches about 2 small peaches, 180 g
- 1 cup sliced strawberries 180 g
- 2 cups milk 473 mL, or dairy-free alternative
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flakes or shreds 20 g
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and place banana slices in the bottom of the pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine quinoa, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pour mixture over the bananas.
- Arrange sliced peaches and strawberries over the oat mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Slowly pour mixture over the fruit.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 1 hour, or until top is light brown and firm.
- Serve warm or cold, topped with yogurt, fresh fruit, honey, or powdered sugar.
Hi, I’m Sarah!
Showing you how to make easy vegetarian recipes, one ingredient at a time.