Slow Cooker Carrots with Garlic and Balsamic
With just five ingredients and two simple steps, these Slow Cooker Carrots are a seriously easy side dish recipe for tonight (plus they’re infused with garlic and balsamic…helllooo flavor-town).
I’m the worst at side dishes in that…I always forget to make them. If I get my act together enough to make us a decent main course, chances are pretty high that I will completely neglect to consider a side dish until we’re sitting down for dinner and I realize our plates are 90% chickpeas. The struggle is real.
So I’ve been focusing lately on coming up with some ultra-easy side dish recipes for the forgetful like me. And today, that means these Slow Cooker Carrots!
How to make these Crockpot Carrots
This recipe has all of five ingredients and two steps. You throw everything in the slow cooker in the morning before you start your day. Turn it on and let it soften the carrots to tender perfection. When you’re home in the evening, you’ll have slightly caramelized, garlic-infused, balsamic carrots! This is what side dish dreams are made of, guys.
For less mess, I highly recomend using these slow cooker liners which basically eliminate all the dishes!
Slow Cooker Carrots
- 1 to 1½ lbs carrots 450 to 680 g, washed
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar 15 mL
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- Prep: Add all ingredients to a slow cooker, tossing to evenly coat carrots.
- Cook: Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours, or on low for 6 to 8 hours (or until tender). It's useful to use slow cooker liners for this recipe to prevent carrots from sticking.
I first published this recipe on Amanda’s Cookin’.