Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Healthy Cauliflower Soup that’s ultra-creamy AND easy AND vegan? It’s happening and it is so much tastier that you can imagine.
Guess what, guys? It’s Live Eat Learn’s birthday! She turns a whopping 3 years old today (which, if my calculations are correct, is like 11 in internet years). And what better to celebrate a birthday than with…soup. Right?
Honestly, I didn’t remember it was her birthday until a few days ago, at which point it was too late to make a cake. Besides, how am I supposed to work nutritional yeast into a cake? I’ve been known for some unconventional flavor combinations, but that one would take the cake (ha. ha.)
So we’re ditching the cake in lieu of this healthy cauliflower soup! It’s ultra-creamy and rich without dairy, and has the most delicious crispy bits on top that I’m obsessed with.
Healthy Cauliflower Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil divided, 30 mL
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth 700 mL
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast 20 g
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs 15 g
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- Soup: Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cooking until onion softens (about 5 min). Add broth, nutritional yeast, and thyme. Roughly chop about 3/4 of the cauliflower and add to the pot. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until cauliflower is fork-tender.
- Crispy Bits: Thinly slice the remaining 1/4 of the cauliflower. Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add cauliflower in a single layer. Cook until both sides are lightly browned, then add the panko and continue cooking until bread crumbs are golden. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve: Remove thyme sprigs from soup and puree (either using a handheld immersion blender or a by transferring to a standing blender). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm topped with crispy cauliflower.
Handy products for Healthy Cauliflower Soup
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a commission (at no added cost to you). Thanks for dropping by and for making easy vegetarian recipes like this Healthy Cauliflower Soup possible!
Hi, I’m Sarah!
Showing you how to make easy vegetarian recipes, one ingredient at a time. Read more