These Buffalo Tempeh Sandwiches are stuffed with crispy baked tempeh buffalo tenders, provolone cheese, and ranch dressing!
My go-to vegetarian meal maker is almost always chickpeas, followed closely by tofu and mushrooms. But for when I’m craving something a little different (or for when the tulip-man noticeably feigns excitement over yet *another* chickpea recipe), we tempeh.
But the thing with tempeh is, you have to do something with it. Like chickpeas plain, fine, throw them on a salad, it’s okay. But with tempeh that just won’t work. Tempeh requires a little coaxing to come out of its shell. But when it does, it’s a game changer.
Case in point, these Buffalo Tempeh Sandwiches. Crispy (from baking) and packed with buffalo sauce flavor, it’s the epitome of healthy(ish) comfort food.
Buffalo Tempeh Sandwich Ingredients
- Buffalo Tempeh Tenders: Transfer tempeh into a crispy, buffalo packed tender, then plop it on a sandwich like the stuff of vegetarian bar food dreams. Get the recipe here (30 minutes to make).
- Ranch or Bleu Cheese Dressing: My favorite way to tame the buffalo flames? Ranch dressing! (Feeling adventurous? Try this homemade Kefir Ranch Dressing)
- Provolone Cheese: Any mild cheese will do, but melted provolone really brings the ensemble together.
- Your favorite veggies: Crunchy romaine, tomatoes, watercress, cucumber…anything goes!
- Buffalo Tempeh Tenders click for recipe
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 buns or bread rolls
- 4 Tbsp ranch or bleu cheese dressing 60 g
- Veggies toppings: tomato, lettuce, onion, cucumber
- Tenders: Prepare the Buffalo Tempeh Tenders (15 minutes hands-on work, 15 minutes baking).
- Sandwich: While tenders bake, prepare remaining ingredients. When tenders are hot from the oven, place 2 or 3 tenders on each roll, immediately topping with cheese so it melts. Assemble with desired veggies, drizzle with sauce, and serve.