Cucumber Sushi Rolls
These healthy cucumber sushi rolls are an easy and refreshing way to enjoy sushi, without all the hassle!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 cup sushi cooked rice
- 1/4 firm avocado sliced
- 1/4 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/4 orange bell pepper sliced
- Optional: you can also try adding julienne cut carrots, red cabbage, sprouts, or scallions
- 1 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp sriracha
Rice: Cook rice by instructions on package. When finished, do not stir rice and allow it to cool. This will make for a stickier to hold everything together.
Deseed: Cut each cucumber in half and remove seeds with either a small spoon or knife to create a long, hollow tube (see pictures).
Stuff: Spoon in a small amount of rice, then compress towards one side of the tube. Gently insert a slice of avocado and a few slices of pepper, then add more rice to fill gaps, compressing and adding more rice until packed full.
Slice: With a sharp knife, slice cucumber into 1/2 inch thick pieces. If you start to notice the filling is loose as you cut, stuff in more rice and peppers where needed.
Serve: Serve with soy sauce or spicy mayo*.
- *To make spicy mayo, mix 1 Tbsp mayo and 1/2 tsp sriracha.
- You make also like these similar sushi rolls, stuffed with crispy tofu and served with almond butter dipping sauce!
Serving: 1serving (about 7 slices) | Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 4.7g | Fat: 5.5g | Sodium: 37mg | Fiber: 4.2g