These Chickpea Blondies are a gluten-free dessert that are packed with creamy white chocolate and protein-packed chickpeas!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 12 blondies
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas* drained and rinsed, 425 g
- ¼ cup almond butter** 60 g
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil 45 mL
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup white sugar 65 g
- ⅓ cup brown sugar 65 g
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup white chocolate chips or chunks
Wets: In a food processor, puree chickpeas into a fine powder consistency. Pulse in the almond butter, oil, and vanilla util smooth. Add eggs and pulse a few times to combine
Dries: In a separate bowl, mix together the sugars, salt, and baking powder.
Mix: Mix the wets and the dries, then stir in white chocolate. Preheat oven to 375°F (175°C).
Bake: Pour into a parchment-lined pan (8 x 8 in -ish), and bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until sides are firm and beginning to brown (a toothpick may still come out sticky). Allow to cool before cutting.
- *Canned chickpeas are easiest, but an alternative that I like (especially for this recipe) are dried chickpeas (soaked and cooked at home). They have a more neutral flavor than the canned chickpeas.
- **For nut-free Chickpea Blondies, omit the almond butter and add 1 additional egg.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Serving: 1Chickpea Blondie | Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4.1g | Fat: 9.5g | Saturated Fat: 2.7g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 224mg | Potassium: 110mg | Fiber: 1.8g | Sugar: 14.3g | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 0.4mg