15 Minute Buddha Bowls Recipe
This 15 Minute Buddha Bowls recipe is a balanced, healthy meal that comes together in no time! It’s a flavorful combo of healthy grains, chickpeas, fruit and avocado with a creamy, citrusy yogurt dressing.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 people
- ¼ cup plain yogurt 60 g, or dairy-free alternative
- ¼ cup orange juice 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp honey 30 g, can sub maple syrup or agave
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 handfuls greens your choice, I used spinach
- 1 cup cooked bulgur* 182 g, can sub quinoa, couscous, or brown rice
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas 425 g, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup blueberries 100 g
- 4 mandarin oranges peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 small avocados sliced
- ½ small red onion about ½ cup, sliced
- 2 large carrots about 1 cup, peeled and shredded
Dressing: Whisk all dressing ingredients together and set aside.
Filling: Divide greens into 4 servings bowls, then top each with equal portions of cooked bulgur, chickpeas, blueberries, orange slices, avocado, onion, and carrot.
Serve: Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
*Read about how to cook bulgur here
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 496kcal | Carbohydrates: 88.2g | Protein: 17.6g | Fat: 11.1g | Sodium: 84mg | Fiber: 20.8g