Vegan Thanksgiving Leftovers Bowls
These Vegan Thanksgiving Leftovers Bowls take all of your delicious vegan Thanksgiving leftovers and transform them into a delicious one bowl meal!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 3 people
- 4 Tbsp olive oil 60 mL
- 1 tsp salt + a pinch
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 can chickpeas strained and patted dry*
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts halved
- 1 large carrot peeled and sliced into chunks
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
Vegan Gravy (optional)*
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
Whisk to combine olive oil, 1 tsp salt, cinnamon, pepper, and cumin.
Toss sweet potato chunks through the oil mixture, then use a slotted spoon to remove and lay on a large parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Add chickpeas to what is left of the oil mixture, toss to coat, and spoon onto the same baking sheet.
Throw Brussels sprouts and carrots onto the baking sheet, sprinkling each with a pinch of salt, and drizzling honey over the carrots.
Cook at 400 degrees F (204 C) for 25 minutes, or until veggies are fork tender.
If you’re making the vegetarian gravy, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat then add onion and garlic. Cook until translucent (a few minutes), then add soy, nutritional yeast, and flour. Stir to combine then slowly pour in broth, stirring continuously. Bring to a simmer then cook until gravy reduces to a thickness of your liking. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
Heat up your leftover mashed potatoes in the microwave just before veggies are done cooking.
To assemble, spoon mashed potatoes into the bottom of a bowl 2 or 3 serving bowls. Top equally with each of the veggies, adding more mashed potatoes on top if you’d like. Spoon on a dollop of cranberry sauce.
Drizzle with gravy and serve warm!
- *If you’re not vegetarian, just use leftover turkey gravy and sub in turkey for the chickpeas!
- If you have any of these veggies as leftovers from Thanksgiving, just skip the roasting, heat them up, and throw them in with everything else!